Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 10:57
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Phobos Base Entry  (Read 1927 times)

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
Phobos Base Entry
« on: May 23, 2012, 11:05 »

Beware: this post is full of whining.

It's too random on UV and N!.
You can finish it with 100% hp and all medpacks.
Or you can immediately meet two sergeants and never hit them with your pistol.Or you may hit them and miss and they use medpacks.
And no cover untill you reach the complex, and no roundabout way.You can try to reach it by top/botton line, but that doesn't always work.There're layouts which are ok, but most of them are not.
In previous versions you could start in top left corner, that was helpful.
I'm complaining because it's just so tiring to start over and over until you're not completely screwed at the start.
That's it.

Added:
actually i believe that there's a a bit of a problem in difficulty during the game.
Most of my unsuccessful games end before they complete HA.
Next part where they die is between HA and CC+.
At this stages game can go well, you could be carefully doing this and this, stocking on ammo and medpacks.
But then next level is a cave or just plain 100500 HKs and imps and whatever near you.And that one situation instantly destroys all that you're doing before.
Some of my attempts succeeds past lvl6.
After that point i know that if i'll be careful and not too greedy(i.e. Conqueror badge or a challenge game) then i have quite high chance of winning.My character has some basic equipment, quite high level, soon there'll be armory and halls, which help too.And while number of enemies increase, vile packs start to appear i just don't care - i'm strong enough to deal with them not easily but more or less reliably.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:19 by AlterAsc »
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Zecks

• Speedrunner
  • Elder
  • First Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Phobos Base Entry
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 12:41 »

Yeah IMO the forced front start made the level worse (weren't there supposed to be new layouts quite some time ago? what happened to those?).

It wouldn't be so bad if shrapnel wouldn't go around trees. Except when you're dead opposite to the sergeant. Which will most of the time not happen diagonally.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 12:43 by Zecks »
(0.9.9.6) Arch-Vile General
[23/21/16/13/5]

Creaphis

• Backer
  • First Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Phobos Base Entry
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 20:09 »

What I like about the base entry levels is that they're the one place in the entire game where you can use cover that the enemy's don't treat as cover. A former human will shoot an entire clip into a tree, giving you a free turn while he reloads.

But yeah, I'm not a big fan of all those things you mentioned.
Pages: [1]