General > Play-By-Forum

Doom: Hellhole

(1/4) > >>

Kabrinski:
Doom: The RPG

It was…I don’t know-18 hours ago? We were sent by the UAC to investigate a loss of contact with the Phobos Facility. Deimos had completely disappeared off the grid-nothing was there. So our all-knowing superiors figured that maybe the people on Phobos knew what had transpired. Only…they couldn’t raise anybody-and then we get a distress call from them. The message said that something “Frigging Evil is going on here” and that they needed help right away.
We preparing to leave-it was probably just another search and rescue mission-I remember listening to some of my buddies bitch about it. He was gonna be pissed about it, that was until someone responded that they didn’t give a damn what was going on so long as he got to kill himself something.

This brought up a cheer from my fellow marines, until we got the situation report: Extremely Hostile, threat level 5, heavy causalities are expected. Many of them were clearly nervous but confident they’d make it back.

Little did we know that most of us would never return…

Alright, what I’m going for here is something on the tactical end of the scale: you have several equipment slots-melee weapon, sidearm(can be dual wielded, at the cost of one primary weapon slot), Two primary weapon slots, grenades(4), and a pack. There are many different weapon and pack types available to you, in addition to your standard doom equipment.

Melee Weapons
Combat Knife: Well, it’s a combat Knife
Grinder: It essentially three serrated blades attached to a drill motor and turned into a vicious meat grinder. Very effective against poorly armored targets.
Stunner: The stunner is essentially a large stun baton that can be used to deliver 1,000,000 volts of non-lethal electricity into a target. ZAP!
Plasma Blade: A blade made of Plasma. Cool!

Handguns
Magnum: A very Heavy pistol that shoots really big bullets
Gauss Pistol: Experimental pistol capable of hitting multiple targets-suitable for most combat situations.
Mobgun: The flare mouthed mobgun is a handgun with little stopping power, but it cuts like so many knives.
Burst Pistol: This gun fire three high explosive bullets in row-very high damage, and very high ammo consumption.
Incinerator: Pistol of unknown origin-seems to be made of flesh and bone-it fires bolts of hellfire.
Laser Pistol: Fires a beam of energy.

Shotguns
Auto Assault 12: Fires a lot of shotgun shells very, very fast.
Impaler: A “Big Daddy” Shotgun that fires shards of depleted uranium that are magnetically accelerated. Completely devastates flesh, bone and armor.
PK-38 Enforcer: High powered gun that fires shotgun slugs instead of shells. Good stopping power.
C-35 Gutbuster: A huge 8 gage semi-auto double barrel-brutally effective close-quarters gun, ineffective at longer ranges
5A09S2 Combat Shotgun: This shotgun has poor range but a lot of spread, also stuns smaller demons.

Sub-machineguns(YAY! The famed SMG makes into doom!)
G3 Commando: 45. Caliber submachine gun. Very potent
Mp5: The classic MP5, good rate of fire, low damage.
M3 Shredder: A powerful 10mm submachine gun that fires “fletched rounds”, sort of like an arrow head. Tends to shred most targets.
P90: Excellent weapon. Can be used in either hand and doesn’t have handles to snag. Also has some decent stopping power.

Assault Rifles:
Bonebreaker: This semi-auto rifle has the power to stop a truck, provided the recoil don’t break your shoulder.
GK36 Grumbar: Fires a 30-06 cartridge at a rate of 760 rpm. A very rugged and reliable weapon.
Pulse Rifle: Fires pulses of energy very quickly. Kind of useful, now that I think about.
K4 Carbine: Fires a three round burst. Highly accurate and can act as an sniper rifle in a pinch, tends to chew threw ammunition quickly though.
E3 General Purpose Rifle: A rifle with good performance, average damage, and about 500 RPM.

Sniper Rifles
Barret M2: A huge, 50. Cal sniper rifle that can penetrate armor completely, also weighs down the marine using it.
M8 Sniper: A sniper rifle with a built in silencer. Poor damage but it doesn’t attract a lot of attention.
Laser Rifle: A long range rifle with no recoil. Only an idiot can miss with this gun.
M45 Marksman: A highly accurate semi-automatic rifle. Effective against flying targets.
SSR-39 Recoilless: Essentially a hybrid sniper/assault, this semi-auto weapon has little recoil and pretty good stopping power.

Heavy Weapons
HMR 501 HMG: A huge, fifty caliber machine gun that is effective at mowing down the masses. Its high impact rounds will penetrate armor completely.
Rolling Thunder: A chaingun that fires explosive fletchetts. 1 ‘round’ is actually 5 rounds: 2 armor piercing, 3 high explosive. Very dangerous, very powerful and ammo is hard to come by.
Swarm Launcher: The swarm launcher fires a swarm of  about a dozen lightweight, high explosive rockets. While it each one has a low splash area, it can be a very effective weapon in terms of crowd control.
Disker: Fires a medium speed explosive disk. Its damage is entirely thermal and concussive and has a splash of 5 meters.
Grenade Launcher: Well, its grenades have a timed fuse of about 3 seconds, but other than that-it’s what it says on the package. Splash of about 25 yards
Mortar: Fires a huge, incredibly powerful explosive shell. This is a heavy, hand held weapon-slows you down, a lot and can clear an entire room.
Plasma Gun: Fires a slow moving ball of explosive plasma. Good sweeping weapons
Hellfire Flamethower: Shoots a stream of plasma flame. Burns anything in its path.

Armor(I’ve included some power armors, so enjoy!)
Scout Armor: The scout armor essentially is an armor suit that allows for more movement through the use of micro-servos. Great movement, doesn’t last long under fire though.
Reactive armor: This armor reduces damage by softening the blow. Great if you need to take on a serious bad ass, but once it’s gone, it’s gone.
Assault Armor: A good, all-around armor. Decent protection, decent movement, and can take some serious hits.
Riot Shield: Well, it’s a riot shield. Good for covering the front, not so good for the back, also prevents the use of anything except SMGs and pistols.
Juggernaut armor: Extremely heavy, powered armor: Highly resistant to damage, but poor mobility.
Shield Belt: A belt that generates an energy field.

Packs
Ammo Pack: Allows you to carry lots and lots of ammo
MARS Pack: Multi Application Rocket System. Fires a plasma based shape charge that is far more powerful, not to mention bulkier, than a standard rocket.
Repair Pack: Can repair armor and heal companions
Turret Pack: Allows you to deploy any of the following turrets: Plasma, Laser, Chaingun, Shotgun, Rocket, and Flame Turret
StimPack: Injects you with powerful stimulants-you shoot and move faster, but it causes damage.
DetPack: A pack containing a high explosive charge: great to blast doors and cybies.
Probe Pack: Allows you deploy a remote controlled probe to scout areas: will not survive contact with the enemy.
Snake Cam: Used to peer around corners and under doors.
Sensor pack: Allows the tracking of enemy movement.

Grenades:
Concussive: Blasts opponets off their feet
Flash: Stuns enemies
Frag: A fragmentation Grenade
Gas: Tear gas grenade
Incendary: Its a grenade filled with flames.

Motorheadbanger:
Looks cool. What's next?

Kabrinski:
Character Creation, although I'm not exactly sure how that works on this site...I know that others have sperate threads. Hmm...I guess I'll set up a template.

Char Name: Pyro

Equipment
Melee: Combat Knife
Sidearm: Incenerator (2)
Primary: Hellfire Flamethrower
Grenade: Incendiary
Pack: Ammo
Armor: Juggernaught

Pyro is a convictied felon who was pressganged into the marine core after being charged with about 14 counts of arson. THe man was permenantly sealed into his juggernaught armor and sent mars as punishment. Being completely expendable, the UAC decieded to send him along with sevral other felons attactched to the marine unit station there.

Pricklyman:
So to clarify, what kind of PBf is this...text based with dice rolls? Do the weapons have set stats? (Or are they hidden stats)

Or is it more a storytelling thing?

I'm totally going to create a character, but I just want to know which direction I want to be heading, if you follow my drift.

Kabrinski:
It's more of a storytelling style RP. I really don't want to do dice-don't have tha material or program to be doing it. THough epect a fair amount of combat though.

However. I may do some dice rolling, provided I can find the right program.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version