Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 03:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.  (Read 112208 times)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2012, 08:27 »

"Oh great," MkLear says to nobody in particular. "Muties, psychos, feth-heads. I should have stayed on Tanith," he adds under his breath, though not so silently that he can't be heard. He takes a long breath from his lho-stick while his left hand searches for his wooden dice again.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2012, 09:26 »

"Heh, wonder which category I fit." - HexaDoken replied with a smile. Then he looked at the ceiling once more, but this time he was much more serious than during the whole conversation, if it can be named as one. - "For a happier life, we should all stay on our planets... but that isn't very interesting, is it? When you travel, you encounter many interesting places... many interesting people..." - he takes a knife from the sheathe that he wears on his left arm - "...that you can shoot or rip trough... " - sheathes the knife back - "...or not, if you would like. Ain't that all just fun?"
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2012, 12:01 »

Ain't that all just fun?

This elicits another stare from Lazerus. "You'll take to this like a fish to water, I'll bet."
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2012, 12:19 »

"You mean? Like I am used to it? Well..."
HexaDoken slowly turns away and starts staring into nothingness once more. Looks like he got carried away again.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25 »

Having finished with the pistol as well, Lazerus rises to his feet for the first time. "Where I come from, there's nothing funny about killing. When everyone is after your turf, your thrones, your stuff, even the Arbites, you kill to live. So that your family may live. And anyone who tells you otherwise will learn the error of their ways soon enough."

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2012, 16:36 »

Every time it looks the same, even though it's not always as obvious.

"I am Inquisitor Mordecai Van Bohr and I would be flattered if you worked for me from this moment."

Words sound softly and gently, but there is something in them - something you can feel. Something that makes you know that it's an offer you cannot refuse.

Because if you do, you are dead and gone, on your way straight to hell.

A great chance to kick off your career, to leave the place where you learned to hate life, to... die another way?
Let's face it. You're all mutants. You lived your lives in shadows, where nobody could find you. Because if they did, they would kill.
But they found you anyway. They didn't kill, no.

After all, there are fates worse than death.

There is a loud screech and then rumble. Steel door shatter in two and hide in the walls.
The immense light fills the dark shrine - as though there was only light behind these door. It flows inside, but it is cold and strange.

And in the middle - a dark figure. A man. A short yet athletic man clad in robes. His head is bald.
The only thing visible at his silhouette's background is a blaze of red light where his left eye should be. Also, he has an additional arm, hulking and ending with a gun's barrel, hanging motionlessly over his right shoulder.
He steps inside, as the silence falls. His steps echoe in that silence, making it even more intense.

The door seal again, yet the screech is the same.
Here he is. Inquisitor Van Bohr came to read the charges.

"Good evening to you, gentlemen.", he speaks and his deep voice has some artifical humming in the background. After a while you can see a small object in his neck - flashing with three diodes. A voice synthesiser.
His long, handsome face is covered with a short, blonde goatee. His left eye is missing, substituted with a bionic one. His robes are crimson-red. Adeptus Mechanicus member, perhaps?
"I am glad to see you all gathering here", he announces, his voice not containing emotions at all. "Forgive me being late. Matters that couldn't be left by themselves."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2012, 23:30 »

After hearing what Lazerus said, HexaDoken glances at him once more. He certainly wanted to say something... however, Inquisitor entered the room before red haired sleepyhead got a chance to speak his words.

He stands up, and looks at the bald man. "Mordecai Van Bohr... where have I heard this name?" - speaks he loud enough for Lazerus and MkLear to hear, but too quiet for Inquisitor to hear. That is, unless he has some more hidden bionics that allow him to hear better.

HexaDoken wanted to say something once more, but did not. His smile that constantly occupied his face dissapeared for a while - looks like he finally started to take the situation seriously. His look was filled with suspiciousness.

He then turned back to his partners for a second. His face more than clearly expressed the words: "This is not good."

...Not that anyone expected anything good in the long run.

Awareness roll. Per 40, roll 35, pass.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2012, 00:19 »

Anybody looking carefully at the newcomer may do an Awareness roll. Not a necessary thing, though.

Done, and failed miserably.

Looking at Van Bohr's equipment and based on any experience I might have: what are my odds of taking him down with the autogun?

He then turned back to his partners for a second. His face more than clearly expressed the words: "This is not good."

Lazerus glances at you, seemingly taking a mental note of the sense of foreboding your look conveys, then shifts his gaze to MkLear, as if expecting to see him in mild distress as well...

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 01:21 »

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 04:34 »

Done, and failed miserably.

Looking at Van Bohr's equipment and based on any experience I might have: what are my odds of taking him down with the autogun?

This man has got a gun mechadendrite equipped with a storm bolter. He's the member of Priesthood of Mars, which means he is half-machine at least, which leads us to things like repairing nanomachines, subdermal armor, impossible reflex...

Betcha you don't want to try it.

Also, this is the man who recruited you in the past. Your current boss, as we might assume.

The Inquisitor crossed the room, not saying anything anymore. He walked carelessly, slowly, as though he didn't pay attention to you at all. His mechadendrite, however, leaned into your general direction, not unlike a guard dog spotting an intruder.
He stood behind the altar and let his hands rest on the black marble.
"Does any of you have any questions of importance before we begin your briefing?", he asked.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 04:56 »

MkLear nervously clears his throat, trying not to sound too intimidated.

"I think I speak for all of us when I ask the obvious question. Why us? I'm sure the Inquisition has plenty of agents that are better... equipped to deal with.. whatever it is you want us to deal with. By the way, do you mind if I smoke? It helps me... concentrate," he adds.

He then takes out another lho-stick, glad to have a reason to break eye-contact with the Inquisitor.

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 05:44 »

"None of my agents is better suited to this task than you, gentlemen. You've got your past and made it to survive this long in environments said to be... unpleasant at least. You know your ways around shady people and where the winds come from in the Underhive. This is why you and not somebody else - because we need the job done quick and solid", he responds after a while of consideration. "As long as you don't choke and die on us here, whatever floats your boat", he Inquisitor adds.

So there will be shady people and hostile environments. Nice way to begin your career.

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 05:53 »

Edit: I just thought of something else to say, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to change what I already posted (and have no idea is somebody already read it), but since I won't be here in the evening, I'd hate to miss on this opportunity. I'll archive my original post under a spoiler just in case.

"I can assure you I have no intention to die if it can be helped," MkLear replies, relieved that his worst fears have not yet come to pass.
The details of the assignment might change that, though. Without waiting to find out if his colleagues have any questions of their own, he bows slightly, makes the sign of the aquilla while holding the lho-stick in his mouth and continues:
"We are ready to serve the Emperor. I have no doubt you ask nothing less of us than to proceed with maximum cautiousness and professionalism. Therefore, if I'm not imposing, could we see your Inquisitorial Rosette before you give us our task?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:23 by Klear »

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54 »

Darn you... missed the thing again.

During the conversation, HexaDoken mostly stared at the inquisitor. This didn't go unnoticed - Van Bohr eventually casted a gaze at HexaDoken's eyes.

This gaze... was surprisingly heavy. Keeping eye-contact with this kind of man for this long would probably drive anyone nuts... but HexaDoken wasn't this easy.
Horewer, even he couldn't hold it long. Finally, he sat at the bench, admitting his defeat in this little battle of will.
He took his can of cola, made a deep drink, looked at it, found it empty, stomped it and accurately threw it in the nearest dustbin. Then, he started thinking.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 23:03 by HexaDoken »

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 12:32 »

Betcha you don't want to try it.

Already thought so. The fact that he's my current boss is no reason to hold back, but if I don't survive, it's pretty useless. Regardless, this is the first thing that crosses Lazerus' mind.

I let MkLear do the talking, smiling inwardly at the request for the Rosette. I keep observing Van Bohr, trying to find a weakness.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27