Chaosforge Forum

• April 23, 2024, 23:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27

Author Topic: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.  (Read 113315 times)

Silhar

• AliensRL Beta Tester
  • Brigadier General
  • Get psyched!
    • View Profile
Re: [IC] The Lesser of Two Heresies.
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2012, 12:59 »

As Lijah exhales the smoke inside the hut, he suddenly feels his chest exploding with excruciating pain. It feels like his lungs were made of thousand rusty needles, each one punching deeply at the inside layer of his ribcage. It's hard to draw another breath. He feels blood rushing into his face, sides of his head pulsating as they press painfully at the skull's contents. The feeling has it that his eyes are likely to flow out.
All of a sudden, he can feel every single bruise this journey already caused. And the sickness he caught before.
The outlaw's body suddenly consists of pain and torture as he staggers in a desperate struggle to stand.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2012, 13:20 »

MkLear tries to say something, but any meaning is lost as the spasms going through his body deny him control of his vocal chords. He struggles against the coming blackness enveloping him for a few seconds, but then he falls limp on the ground.

Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2012, 13:28 »

HexaDoken waves his hand, as if trying to make the smoke go away.

"Hey man, could yo-" - he says, turning his look towards MkLear. When he finally sees him, he stops midsentence.

"Buddy..." - mercerenary almost whispers.

He then quickly stands up and rushes to catch Lijah, but he didn't succeeds to do so in time. He kneels before the uncoscious body.

"Kso..." - says he as silently.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

Sylith

« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2012, 13:56 »

When woman catches the stone, she looks like her heart for a moment stopped from fear she might not succeed. Then she breathes out slowly, with some kind of relief.
Then she lays the stone in front of her, on a robes between her crossed legs.
"Thank you."

She just smiles to Lazerus, when he asks. She might even wanted to answer something, but since she's not the rushing type, Lijah has time to speak again.
Smile goes away, but woman says nothing.
And then - he falls.
She didn't get up too quickly - it simply wasn't her way. Sometimes you might even have impression that time is just going slower around her. But, eventually, she stands up and goes to the man, to check if he got some injuries.
"Lay him there, please", asks she, pointing into the corner, at rags which must have served as bed for her.

HexaDoken

• Sergeant
  • The Shotgun Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 28, 2012, 00:13 »

"Blah, goddamn smoker..." - HexaDoken mumbles under his breath. He pulls him to the rags and lays him there. Then he returns back to the place where he was sitting. After a second or two looking at Lijah, he just shrugs. Not seeing any things to eat food with appearing, he just starts eating using just hands.
2nd Lieutenant Hell Baron, Body Count: 43879
Wins:[1|7|1|0|0] Deaths: [7|90|26|16|2] Badges:[18|10|4|0|0]
Highest Score: 214763
Currently Doing: AoB HNTR

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #365 on: July 28, 2012, 00:23 »

Lazerus, seeing HexaDoken rush in to support MkLear, only regards the situation with puzzlement at first. Once he's down and out, however, he  gets up to have a closer look and subsequently lend a hand in moving MkLear's limp form. Although his face doesn't give away anything, his posture and movements might betray concern.

While the Seer is performing het examination, he asks: "Any idea what this is?"
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Esther

« Reply #366 on: July 28, 2012, 12:42 »

Xilla quickly dusted her clothes before entering the Seers cave, bowed before being the first to sit down and then looked more relaxed then she has been before on this trip. She's been looking at the woman with curiosity and respect. Watching the conversation, but not interfering, not even when MkLear goes down. Just returning the gestures and clearly enjoying the warmth of the fire and the food and drink. She seems completely at ease with the situation and the Seer. While MkLear is put on the bed by the two others she whispers : "I'm sorry, they are idiots to not show respect. But MkLear, he's not so bad normally" She looks up at the Seer and the look on her face shows real discomfort with the situation.

Sylith

« Reply #367 on: July 31, 2012, 09:42 »

The Seer looks at Lazarus.
"The result of exhaustion, I think" she says soothingly. "Nothing dangerous anyway. He just needs some sleep now and he will be fine."
She stands up and goes back to sit before her plate. The gem HexaDoken gave her is gone, probably hidden somewhere inside her robes. Then, before she starts to eat, she nods to Xilla and smiles with contentment.
"Ah, you. I should have expected at least the member of The Cult knows how to behave."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:49 by Sylith »

Esther

« Reply #368 on: July 31, 2012, 10:23 »

Xilla smiles and performs a quick ceremonial greeting gesture. "Your visions are clearer then most." She sounds impressed. "Would you help us choose the right path, so we may reach our goal"

Sylith

« Reply #369 on: July 31, 2012, 11:06 »

"Thank you. I did not get my name for nothing", answers The Seer while suiting up the band on her eyes to fit better. Simple, probably instinctive gesture, but linked with Xilla's last words - a little strange.
"And I will help you, since my task here is to help. But we need not to hurry, do we? You might want to ask in the canteen about some place to sleep. As you can see, I have not enough room here for you all, although it saddens me."

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2012, 12:23 »

Lazerus watches the interaction between Seer and Assassin, showing his usual lack of emotion - although his posture might betray a hint of impatience.

His response is still completely civil, nonetheless: "Would you then start by enlightening us on what you appear to know about us?"

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 07, 2012, 16:27 »

During all that MkLear's eyelids twitch in irregular intervals, while the rest of his form remains limp. The private fortress of his mind is filled with images of scorching purple flame, sensations of his very flesh burning away at the touch of malevolent energy threatening to devour his very soul. Great fears of both his past and present, and perhaps even his future, play out in his private nightmare. Only the telltale movements of his closed eyes betray this, and once it is over, not even him will remember anything but a fleeting feeling of disquiet, which will drown in the sea of uneasiness brought about by the predicament he's in.
    And so his body rests as his mind and soul fight a war against their own imaginary demons with no end in sight.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 16:31 by Klear »
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Esther

« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2012, 02:01 »

Xilla looks at Lazerus and reply's: "I think she meant that this is enough for today, we'll come back tomorrow" Then she speaks to the Seer: "Thank you for your hospitality. We will call on you again tomorrow. Could we leave our unconscious friend here in your care until we find a place for him to sleep?" She makes a quick gesture towards MkLear.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2012, 23:24 »

Lazerus, not taking his eyes off the Seer, replies to Xilla's remark: "She might. This question deserves answering though."

Upon which - surprising even himself - he takes a step forward and kneels before the Seer, head down.
"Lady, I understand and respect your position, as I assume you do ours, and thus see the importance of my question. Please do not withhold your enlightenment any longer."

Sylith

« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2012, 04:19 »

The Seer was not interrupting, listening to Xilla and Laz with half an ear. She was eating grilled fish with her hands, carefully taking fishbones out of warm meat with her fingers.
She smiled, when the Moritat girl showed this exaggerated politeness of hers, but said nothing. She also said nothing for a while after Lazerus' question, finishing the meal. Like saying.... "eat. Then we'll talk".

And then, finally, she discreetly licks her fingers and smiles to lizard.
"What if I told you there are more things and powers in this world, than you ever imagined?" She starts with a question. "What if I told you I can read your mind or see you in many more ways you could ever think about?"
She gets up, taking her plate, and turns around to put it on small table.
"Or maybe I am just a spy, able to find any information I would like to?" She turns face to them again, leaning on tabletop with her hip and crossing her arms. "What would you prefer to believe?"
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27