Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:41
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: The "Stupid Things that happened to me" thread.  (Read 13795 times)

Kashi

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • I'm going with the Alucard now
    • View Profile
Re: The "Stupid Things that happened to me" thread.
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 00:00 »

Maybe this is something everybody has already seen.

Playing normally, a common game, and BAM! Being hit so hard that you're almost dead. I was in 5% health. I was able to evade the monsters' attacks and, luckily, found an invulnerability orb close by. I grabbed it and then I remembered something...

I was playing Angel of Purity. Cue "FUUUUUUUUUUUUU-!" face when a monster killed me.
0.9.9.5 - Archvile 2nd Lieutenant
[22][10][5][1][0]
"Tururu..."

Xtremekiwi

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 10:36 »

So, playing Angel if Impatience, I wanted to grab Lava Silver (Lava Pits on AoI) as well as Eagerness Silver. I was playing a Shottyhead build and had a Super Shotgun + Assault Shotgun (From Mortuary).
I make it to the level right before the Lava Pits. I score a Supercharge, but no Envirosuit or an invulnera sphere. After some experimentation with rocket jumping, I decide on Angelic Armor and P-modded Plasteel boots.
Long story short, I didn't make it. *sigh*.

Xtremekiwi

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2012, 11:23 »

Well, managed to one-up myself again. I failed to notice that the Jackhammer I had was not fully loaded (UV AoMC). Not realising it, I shot a group of 3 revenants and 2 arch-viles that appeared right after I entered the level. You can imagine how well that went...

Sanctus

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2012, 10:25 »

I decieded to run out from former commando instead of killing him... :(
really stupid thing.

Mech__Warrior

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 21:06 »

Well, I've had a few things that just screwed me up.

The first was when I first visited the City of Skulls on Hey, Not Too Rough. I'm still new to playing, but I thought 'This is the furthest I've gotten so far, this shouldn't be too bad.' Well, when you get swarmed, I didn't know what to do. I first thought of the BFG 9000 I got at the Halls of Carnage but then assumed the splash damage would kill me. I then thought my Trigun would do the trick since on the wiki, it said I nuke the level and only lose 5 HP permanently. Well, what it neglected to tell me is that it was a nuke regardless of a scant 5 hp and killed me anyway. I then consulted the wiki again and learned that trick about the BFG, then held my face for a bit.

The second time was, again, the City of Skulls. Having learned since last time, I thought I could do it again but I realized the missile launcher isn't the best for up close fighting, neither is the Acid Launcher. Long story short, I did eventually beat that level with 1 % left, and got a Blood Skull. I thought it would make me berserk and help recoup the pain I endured of almost dying. I went down the stairs and I'm surrounded by acid, and there's an Arachnoid just sitting there. I know he spotted me, and I only have seconds to figure out what weapon to use...But like Han, he shot first...

I neglected to include my first encounter breaking open The Wall...Eeesh, at least I died quick.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 22:00 by Mech__Warrior »

Garlyle

• Lance Corporal
  • Former Human Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2012, 00:59 »

Pain Elementals freak me out when playing Marksmanship.  So I run into one in a small corridor right next to a barrel and decide it'd be a good idea to blow it up.

And miscalculated the explosive range on barrels, causing the lava barrel right next to myself to explode.

Sigh.
0.9.9.7 Stats: [7 M / 17 S / 4 A] - [10 / 2 / 2 / 0 / 0 / 0]
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All