Other Roguelikes > DiabloRL

Is this *EVER* going to be released?

(1/6) > >>

Mushuukyou:
This has got to be one of the best rougelike games that could be made, and you people are sitting on it, as if it'll hatch itself?

...like, really?

MaiZure:
I'm not in the DiabloRL side of things so someone step in to correct me if I'm wrong, but....

DiabloRL is Open Source 
(http://diablo.chaosforge.org/articles/7/diablorl-goes-open-source)

So if anyone is sitting on it, it's the whole Internet!
If you want it, you have the power to do something about it! :P

Tavana:
MaiZure is quite correct that it's open source. There is also work taking place on it. I believe that a good portion of the code has now been converted to lua to allow for more/better control...that being said, if you want to see what's going on with it and/or help out, feel free to jump on #chaosforge on irc.quakenet.org and have a chat.

EDIT: original post implied the entire code was being converted to lua, which can't and shouldn't happen. o.O

Napsterbater:

--- Quote ---original post implied the entire code was being converted to lua, which can't and shouldn't happen.
--- End quote ---
Speak for yourself. Lua's an amazing language. Betcha'd see a lot more community effort. I wish someone would make a decent curses wrapper for Ruby, then I might start making that Civilization-themed roguelike I've always wanted to make. Roguelike developers all seem to want to live in ancient history. I'd rather let a pinkie chew my eyes out than program in C.

thelaptop:
Kids these days... have no respect for low-level systems languages.

But that said, DiabloRL is seeing work done.  More specifically, the code base is updated to work with the major changes in Valkyrie, and new content is being added.

Also I sense an air of resentment -- be nice.  It is open source, in theory more people can get involved, but few do.  Those who do are already putting in effort, so be a liitle more understanding?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version