Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 05:17
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [BABY|100%|YAFW] G-Unit  (Read 2943 times)

Reef Blastbody

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Big McLargehuge
    • View Profile
[BABY|100%|YAFW] G-Unit
« on: August 11, 2012, 04:38 »

My first win ever (in ITYTD baby mode but I'll take it. I was getting discouraged in HNTR). Yessssssss. It was the 50th guy that I sent into Hell, so I figured I'd name him Fifty Sent as a joke. Little did I know the results of channeling the power of G-Unit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notable highlights :

- I had the right mods to make a Ripper, but I put them on in the wrong order. /headdesk
- Imagine my surprise when I realized you could not use Scavenger on non-guns (I had been carting the Arena Master's Staff around with the sole purpose of disassembling it)
- I was ONE F away from making the Biggest Friendly Gun ;_;
- I was completely ignorant of what the Lava Element actually did, and popped it at random. Thankfully, that happened to be the 23rd floor where the Arch-viles decided to throw me a surprise party. They brought hellfire, I brought chainsaw.
- I am a little sad that
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'll get you next time, Gadget!

Thoughts :

- I used a Tactical Shotgun for a good portion of the game, but either my build didn't really jive so well with shotguns by the end game, or they really do stop being useful. I decided to disassemble it and jettison all my shotty ammo to make room for more power packs.
- I have a feeling that rocket/missile launchers are still really good but I have no idea how to use them properly. My missile launcher definitely was MVP during the Spider's Nest, but every other map I usually ended up getting really pissed because I would shoot missiles and blow up all the good stuff on the map that I wanted to get.
- The nuclear plasma rifle is the coolest damn thing ever. 'nuff said.
HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN

Napsterbater

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [BABY|100%|YAFW] G-Unit
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 22:55 »

I had the right mods to make a Ripper, but I put them on in the wrong order.
The Ripper blows. I assembled it once, tried to kill a Hell Baron with it, and when every other swing missed, I checked my hit percentage and found it at 50% with Bru3. Went right back to the Longinus Spear.

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 00:03 »

Ripper has -4, so with Bru3 you have +2(74%).Probably you had Bru2.
Ripper really rocks for non-MBM builds when you have Bru4/Bru5.
The only downside is that you don't gib enemies as you sometimes do with LS/AS.

Oh, and congratulations!
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Reef Blastbody

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • Big McLargehuge
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, 08:35 »

The Ripper blows.

I honestly probably would not have used it that much, but I'd have liked to have it completed for my Assembly list! I still use shotguns way too much as a crutch; I'm going to try to learn to use pistols and chainguns properly on my next couple of runs, since it's a fair bit before I get my hands on a plasma rifle or the nuclear plasma rifle.

Oh, and congratulations!

Thanks! I have a feeling it'll be a while before you see a YAAM from me for HNTR (tender loving arachnotrons and the shambler! The shambler!), but I'm on the right path!
HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN
Pages: [1]