Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 05:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: How far have you gone before realizing you forgot to select a challenge?  (Read 2191 times)

Samuel

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

So I'm just 3 more bronze badges from my next promotion, and I REAAAALLLY want to play Angel of 100. So, I decide, why not get the ones for Angel of Marksmanship?

But unfortunate run-ins with Demons before I could snag Dualgunner kept me from getting very far. So I finally luck out - there's a vault full of demons and several acid barrels to get my sweet, sweet crafty payback.

I begin shoving a line of 3 such barrels into place, when an imp appears out of nowhere and blows one up in my face, knocking me to 20%. After dealing with him, I get my huge acid pool set up and blow the vault open. The demons traipse on out and kill themselves. Large Medkit, Power Mod pack, nothing special, but it was the revenge that counts. I open my inventory to use the mod kit and...

...I could have sworn I had an agility mod pack...

I tentatively put on a chaingun and sure enough, I'm able to fire.

SON OF A BITCH.

I'm sure others have gotten farther following the parameters of harder challenges without realizing they're not actually playing them. What are your stories?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 14:27 by Samuel »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Umm... never really had that problem personally, only because I don't normally play challenge-less games.

=P
I computed, therefore I was.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I've done it the other way around. Saved a game, not played for a couple of weeks, load the save, think "Oh good, a MAD/MAc run", picked up all kinds of crap, went down the MAc path due to an early plasma gun.

Woops, it was a AoS run and I never checked. Not what you want to know just after you figured it's time to whip out your plasma gun on that red armour wearing baron and you've pumped a few levels into SoaB or TH. It's happened a few times, even though it is visible on you character screen, sometimes I never check.

GinDiamond

• First Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer-Mancubus, trying to get all Bronze
    • View Profile
    • GinDiamond Stuff

I've never really had that problem before, but I sure as heck have picked the wrong traits before (EE by accident, ruining MAc, Fineness, ruining MAoD)
Do not muddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pages: [1]