Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 16:07
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Graphics in upcoming release  (Read 2953 times)

PBDoughboyy

• Backer
  • Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Graphics in upcoming release
« on: September 06, 2012, 21:51 »

Hey all!  It's good to see that AliensRL is back in production.  I've never been particularly good at it, but I do like playing it now and again.  I know there've probably been some posts in the past about this, but I figured I'd bring it up again since the game's being actively worked on once more.  Are there any plans to bring graphics to the upcoming release(s) of AliensRL, like something along the lines of what there are for DoomRL?  If not, maybe there could be changes made so the existing tileset can be modified without messing up the text everywhere else.  I made my own custom tileset for the previous release (nothing fancy, but I like it enough).  The only problem is anything that shows actual text now has pictures in the middle of the words.  I'll post it here in case anybody's interested in it.

Looking forward to the new release, keep up the good work! :D

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Graphics in upcoming release
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:12 »

Graphics are "planned", but they will stay "planned" until I find somebody that will do the tileset. I will probably implement them in a "hidden" mode so that anyone can try to do them.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1]