Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:31
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: The opinion of a guy who still plays doom2....  (Read 13232 times)

majik

Re: The opinion of a guy who still plays doom2....
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 13:46 »

iddqd.ru is also a russian doom2 multiplayer clan (rofl)

Tormuse: awesome maps! I've made about a metric shit-ton of doom maps too, since they're so easy to make with modern mapping-programs.

Also,  I've been playing this game on/off for a couple weeks, not once have I gotten to the spider mastermind. :P

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 15:37 »

Ah, majik, I recommend posting some stuff in not Off-topic to increase your post count to non-zero, because we do wipe the database of users who have exactly zero posts from time to time to keep out spammers and the lot.
I computed, therefore I was.

slave

• Elder
  • Corporal
  • (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 11:27 »

Ah, majik, I recommend posting some stuff in not Off-topic to increase your post count to non-zero, because we do wipe the database of users who have exactly zero posts from time to time to keep out spammers and the lot.

Perhaps you should make OT posts count then? Why don't they anyway?

[EDIT] Err, never mind the 'you'. But the point remains.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 12:07 by slave »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2012, 14:18 »

No.  We want folks to contribute content regarding ChaosForge creations and not end up having just some general discussion board -- that's not the intent of the forums here anyway.

Come on, it's not like it is that hard to get at least one non-off-topic post.  Just play any ChaosForge creation (say DoomRL), post a mortem with some thoughts on it, and you're done.
I computed, therefore I was.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43 »

To be honest, wouldn't this thread make more sense in DoomRL Discussion board - it is a discussion of DRL after all, and that'd solve the post problem *cough*
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:51 »

Tormuse: awesome maps! I've made about a metric shit-ton of doom maps too, since they're so easy to make with modern mapping-programs.

Thank you!  :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some of your work too.  My E-mail address is my username followed by @gmail.com

(Just make sure it has a suitable subject line so it doesn't get mistaken for spam)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34 »

I'm surprised by how many people discovered this game in the non-roguelike world. I, being a NetHack enthusiast, discovered DoomRL when some people in #nethack started talking about it.
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0

Kabrinski

• Private FC
  • A terran marine...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2012, 02:07 »

So I am not the only one who ran into DoomRL by accident. I was playing ZDoom at the time when I stumbled on this gem. My OS does not really handle old programs well, so ZDoom was my best option for nostalgia. So looking around on how to make my ZDoom as smooth as possible, I find this link to DoomRL.

I go to the site and see it is infact a roguelike. JOY! I have played nethack for about 12 years, so a new RL might just be what the doctor ordered... and it was. Personally I love rapid fire builds. Never actually finished it yet, though. I tend to make stupid mistakes and die horribly.

Hehehe-I ran across doomRL when I was wiking doom. I used to play on ZDaemon-known as Mengsk. Not so much anymore.
We all walk a dark path...for there are only shadows. Some lighter, and some darker...but shadows all the same.

For all life is a shade of grey.
Pages: 1 [2]  All