Chaosforge Forum

• March 19, 2024, 06:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: ChaosForge Donation Drive!  (Read 63330 times)

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
ChaosForge Donation Drive!
« on: October 29, 2012, 19:00 »

Peril has struck the 'Forge and we need your help! The ChaosForge development PC had a hardware failure and does not boot reliably any more -- time to buy a new PC, and do upgrades. I'd like to humbly ask you for a donation. If the free ChaosForge games have given you a good time, now is the best moment to give something back to help out!

This time, however, I want to do things a little differently -- I want to give you, the donator, something back. Inspired by Kickstarter reward tiers, I decided to do something similar, and to see if it provides an incentive, and to see if it is the right way to go :). The prizes below are for donations done during this Donation Drive only and will be unavailable once it ends!

All of the rewards are digital, because due to the urgent and unexpected nature of this situation, we didn't have time to prepare any physical ones :/.

Also, while the chance of going much over the goal is not big, I promise to have some strech goals planned if it does!

• $16 - Beta Access to all current ChaosForge projects, Supporter status on forum, my deepest thanks, and your name/nick on the next DoomRL version supporter list (startup screen). Unlike a normal donation, your name/nick will be featured on a supporters section on the revamped DoomRL website (before the year ends), with an optional link and/or comment (nothing offensive).
  • $32 - The above + your name/nick (or fictional name/surname as long as it is not too silly) will be added to the list of random names (the ones that are picked when the player doesn't enter a name), only if you want to of course!
  • $64 - All of the above and co-design a unique for DoomRL (it needs to be balanced though) that can be named after you (as long as it's not downright silly) -- an example is Malek's Armor. They will be rare to spawn *OR* be used in AliensRL with restrictions in the nature of the weapon for the latter. Additionally, you can choose for us to use your name (or fictional non-silly name) in the plot of AliensRL.
  • $128 - All of the above + design/co-design (you give the idea, we handle the coding) a special level that may randomly spawn in DoomRL when playing Angel of 100. The level cannot have any new types of enemies but can feature your item *OR* your chosen name may be a major villain/character in the plot of AliensRL.
  • $256 - All of the above + Supporter of Chaos rank on the forum. Including access to the Temple of Chaos where future projects are decided and early access (TBA) to the Next Project (TM) -- shape it from where it begins! Also, your name/nick will be permanently on the startup screen as special thanks.
  • $512 - All of the above + we'll do a DoomRL mod by your design to be available using the upcoming mod server. It can be even a Total Conversion (support will appear with the next version) as long as it won't take more than a few days to complete. Unfortunately, graphics cannot be included :/. You will be listed as the author.
  • $1024 - (just for completeness' sake) All of the above + special PERMANENT rank on forum (your choice of title) + a single version of the ChaosForge roguelike of your choice done and dedicated in your name.
  • $2048 - (just because it's fun :P) All of the above + and I'll take part in the next 7-day rogue-like competition realizing your idea (with as much design input as you want to give).

So please, help the ChaosForge survive! And spread the word among fellow ChaosForge players -- we need all the help we can get!

Head to the donation page and help out!
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
  • I think I need a new favorite gun now...
    • View Profile
Re: ChaosForge Donation Drive!
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 22:12 »

I'd love to donate, but I refuse to do business with Paypal anymore due to an assortment of bullshit. Plus, I can't use my account anyway without uploading information I have no way to upload.

Are there any other options?
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 22:16 »

Any suggestions welcome. Unfortunately the two major competitors (Amazon payments and Google Checkout) allow only for US/UK based receivers. BitCoin on the other hand is hard to cash in in general.

Would MoneyBookers be a sensible alternative?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 22:20 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 22:46 »

Reading about a fair number of issues there. Possible security issues, definitely a tendency to trip anti-fraud systems (which may be why people are worried about security issues)

Unfortunately it's not free for the sender, but Western Union maybe? If nothing else, they're established enough that they wouldn't have the latter problem.

(I can't donate for a couple days at the least anyway, though)
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 22:55 »

Western Union is of course an option, but the fees are large, especially for small amounts :/. If you need any information (address, or bank information - maybe a wire transfer?) just PM me.

BTW, if ChaosForge would accept Credit Cards by itself, would it change things? There is such a possibility but for the future (and it has a yearly upkeep cost).
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 22:59 by Kornel Kisielewicz »
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Thexare

• Elder
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 23:31 »

I don't have a credit card, but I have a Visa debit card, never had an issue with running it as credit. So yeah, that'd work.

And depending on how much my next check is, I'll look into it - the three-day transfer option didn't appear to have fees when I checked, but that was just a quick skim.
Former Human Corporal
1/42 M, 7/60 S, 3/30 A
[ 6 / 1 / 0 / 0 / 0 ]

RylandAlmanza

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 00:01 »

I also can't do paypal. I would like to donate in Bitcoins in possible. You never did reply after I posted in your bitcoin thread. :)

http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,5049.msg43814.html

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 00:03 »

Problem is that here there's no reliable way to convert BitCoins to currency... :/. I'll look into it.
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

RylandAlmanza

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 00:42 »

Problem is that here there's no reliable way to convert BitCoins to currency... :/. I'll look into it.
http://mtgox.com/ is what most people use, but I admit, it can be a painful process. Ideally, you would be able to just use your bitcoins to buy whatever you needed. However, unless you want to buy some drugs from silk road, there's not a lot of ways to spend them.

Actually, I just had another idea anyways. I could give someone some Bitcoins for paypal money on the bitcoin forums, and have them send the funds to your paypal. I think I'll do that. :) When I do, I'll post the email that will send you the money so that you know it's from me. Is that ok?

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 00:45 »

Of course it is :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

RylandAlmanza

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2012, 00:52 »

Of course it is :)
Great! I'm in debt now because I just bought my best friend a cool birthday present. But as soon as I get more money, I'll donate as much as I can (which isn't much.)

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2012, 05:41 »

When does this donation drive end? When enough money is raised?

I probably won't have funds to throw around in the near future and I have donated recently, but  who knows? Maybe I'll have a generous mood once paycheck arrives.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2012, 05:56 »

I might toss a couple of bucks your way too then this week. I actually need new shoes, but meh... my old ones aren't THAT worn off yet. :P
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2012, 07:14 »

BTW, I'm a little tempted by the 512,- option, just to have DukeRL made, but it's way too much money for me =(
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2012, 08:50 »

It'll probably run either for two weeks or a month (didn't decide yet). So still some time for the next paycheck to arrive :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz
Pages: [1] 2 3  All