Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 23:19
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: few things that might be interesting  (Read 2967 times)

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
few things that might be interesting
« on: January 04, 2007, 13:14 »

first i was thinking of a trait that increases your inventory space

pack rat:
every level increases one slot on the inventory screen

it would be nice to have since theres lots of ammo and i always seem to end up with a full inventory(cells and rockets) wich i like keeping and using in special situations... i always keep 2 spare armors too so it would be nice to have a skill to get a extra slot, i think it would do no harm

other ideas are weapon mods, fastloader, fast shooter guns can be made by picking up rare gun parts... i dont think it would do any harm if you make them very very rare. and to make this cool, i was thinking about a "rare" drop system, were soldiers or monsters drop un-usual items(VERY LOW PERCENTAGE) less than 5%

special ammo types? improved 10m shots that do +1 damage on shots? rare drop at hells armory maby?

unique type soldiers? same soldier "h" but with a different color, make emm rare and give them rare drops? id love to see more boss type enemies, and rare hunting is my most favorite thing in rpgs of any sort!

new enemy type, berzerker; he has a chainsaw and has HellRunner stats on it, deals massive damage at close range and drops chainsaw.

last time i went to chained courts and forgot to pick the chainsaw up... im like MAN!!! i should had gotten it for the LS! and i thought up of this idea of making a really really strong enemy drop a chainsaw.

if u dont like the mods idea, ive never found a special stat weapon besides the advanced RL and advanced BFG, id love to find more rare type weapons.... so if mods suck then make emm rare drops by certain enemies... 

i really hope some of you liked my ideas, i was really inspired and it was kinda fun because in the middle of the game i started thinking.. hmmm that would be cool,   and i read another thread with a assault shotgun, thats a cool idea, instead of shooting lil shots and damage lil by lil, why not have a weapon that can shoot hard and single? make it reload slow and rare, it wont bother to have something that you wont find often.... 

oh and before i forget, in the original doom when you shoot enemies they bleed a lil, i was thinking of making a new graphic when you successfully hit and enemy, red "*" on top of the enemy so we can see that we shot emm, instead of seeing the chaingun text message where a bunch of words say if you hit or not, it would be cool to confirm while looking at your shots hit the enemy and look at the blood mark

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: few things that might be interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 13:53 »

pack rat:
Umm, already discussed, a poll was made, and it is in implementation? *

other ideas are weapon mods, fastloader, fast shooter guns can be made by picking up rare gun parts... i dont think it would do any harm if you make them very very rare. and to make this cool, i was thinking about a "rare" drop system, were soldiers or monsters drop un-usual items(VERY LOW PERCENTAGE) less than 5%
Umm... already implemented in the beta? (<*shameless ad*>Donate, and play the beta now!</*shameless ad*>)

special ammo types? improved 10m shots that do +1 damage on shots? rare drop at hells armory maby?
No chance:
1) this would clutter the interface up (reload WHICH ammo stack on "r"?)
2) this is NOT DnD y'know :P

unique type soldiers? same soldier "h" but with a different color, make emm rare and give them rare drops? id love to see more boss type enemies, and rare hunting is my most favorite thing in rpgs of any sort!
In a way... maybe. But not yet.

new enemy type, berzerker; he has a chainsaw and has HellRunner stats on it, deals massive damage at close range and drops chainsaw.
Umm... from which doom game is that?

oh and before i forget, in the original doom when you shoot enemies they bleed a lil, i was thinking of making a new graphic when you successfully hit and enemy, red "*" on top of the enemy so we can see that we shot emm, instead of seeing the chaingun text message where a bunch of words say if you hit or not, it would be cool to confirm while looking at your shots hit the enemy and look at the blood mark
Wait for the graphical version for that :P.

* but additional slots are out of the question, the backpack powerup will give you more ammopackin' per slot
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 14:34 »

As a friendly comment, try to write your posts in a more organized way. Writing as you would speak out loud just makes it painful to read. Also, try going with proper grammar and capitalization, it will make commenting on your posts easier :).

pack rat:

it would be nice to have since theres lots of ammo and i always seem to end up with a full inventory(cells and rockets) wich i like keeping and using in special situations... i always keep 2 spare armors too so it would be nice to have a skill to get a extra slot, i think it would do no harm

No extra slots, as Kornel said. Also, with proper inventory management, you will likely find yourself getting all you want to get on your inventory. Part of the fun comes from knowing what to do with your space :).

[snip]

if u dont like the mods idea, ive never found a special stat weapon besides the advanced RL and advanced BFG, id love to find more rare type weapons.... so if mods suck then make emm rare drops by certain enemies... 

I guess I'll have to make a new acronym for these situations - DRLINA (DoomRL Is Not Adom!) :P

Don't expect it to become a game full of ph4t l3wt and such. It is just SO against Doom.

last time i went to chained courts and forgot to pick the chainsaw up... im like MAN!!! i should had gotten it for the LS! and i thought up of this idea of making a really really strong enemy drop a chainsaw.
This is like a monster of Doom3. I don't think it has many chances of getting in, though, because Kornel stated elsewhere he didn't think of Doom3 as "doomish". He's aiming more for the Doom/Doom 2 experience.

Text is your friend. As a turn-based game, you don't really have to hurry through it. But I agree that some kind of animation would be nice :).
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

ultimate26

• Backer
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 15:49 »

Sorry for my bad grammar... english is my 3rd language out of my 4, ill try to keep that in mind.

And im glad that they are implementing lots of cool stuff :) specially the arena mode, wich i think i will be playing most.

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 16:03 »

Sorry for my bad grammar... english is my 3rd language out of my 4, ill try to keep that in mind.

Don't worry for that - English is my 3rd language, and most other people here have other languages too.

I was just asking you to try and do a little effort, it's not needed that you write perfect English :).
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter

nokturnal

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 16:32 »

This is like a monster of Doom3. I don't think it has many chances of getting in, though, because Kornel stated elsewhere he didn't think of Doom3 as "doomish"

thank god for that! doom3 was such a dissapointment.
Pages: [1]