DoomRL > Modding

[Design] DukeRL

<< < (8/9) > >>

Klear:
I haven't thought about that. A lot of the stuff I'd like to see already goes beyond superficial changes, I think. I'd, of course, prefer to do make it the best we can. Hell, I'm willing to learn to code just so I could help out as well. Can't be that hard, right?

BTW, as long as the finished product is DukeRL, I think it counts as a TC as long as nothing refers to Doom any more...

Klear:

--- Quote from: yaflhdztioxo on December 11, 2012, 18:15 ---* I can't think of any way for you to make use of pipe bombs. You can't force-fire a weapon and you can't manually aim either, so 'throwing' them simply won't work.  Same goes for the tripmine.
--- End quote ---

I've been going through the modding section of DoomRL wiki and found the OnEnter() hook for items. Could be used to make pipe bombs basically into proximity mines?
Some other considerations:
 - pre-generated bombs shouldn't be armed. Can we make unarmed bombs that remove themselves from the game on pickup and create an armed copy of themselves in the player's inventory? Possibly this can be done in an easier way.
- can we make each pipe bomb a weapon with primary attack based on the secondary attack of combat knife?
- can the item check whether there is an enemy on top of it right after it is thrown (or rather, after it lands), triggering an immediate explosion? No biggie if not, though.
- the mines would probably be activated even when simply dropped. I don't see a problem with this, as long as...
- can the OnEnter() hook exclude Duke from creatures that can trigger the explosion?

If the answer to most of these is yes, I guess that is the way to go. Tripmines would be redundant after that, of course. Also, the pipe bombs wouldn't be able to stack in the inventory, but I guess that's ok too.

thelaptop:
Alright, lemme start with coding some look-and-feel changes first.  I'm being evil and have put up a vote (for 30 days) for folks to help us decide if we should do it as a TC or mod.

;-)

thelaptop:
Urgh.  Project update: I've been sidelined by real life (and work).

Since folks want a TC, I'll see what I can do.

Kashi:
Try not to overdo it. Things get ugly when you overwork, as one obviously can imagine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version