Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 18:58
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [H|AoMC|YASD] + [H|AoMC|YAAM] Juggler game + some bugs  (Read 4747 times)

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
[H|AoMC|YASD] + [H|AoMC|YAAM] Juggler game + some bugs
« on: January 17, 2013, 00:16 »

==============
Spoiler: YASD (click to show/hide)
==============

I decide check the Juggler, but at standard game we need more damage, and start from Fin-Jug not wise (I think that I even can't complete Hell Arena with such skills), so Angel of Max Carnage was choosen. Do not need MORE damage cause it always maxed. Not need MORE accuracy cause it always +10. And Juggler build really good for surviving!

On first levels I collect a 3 shotguns and 3 chainguns for quick switching. Hell Arena became a simple task. I can switch instantly shotgun (0) - chaingun - shotgun (loaded) and do 3 shots without reloading. Always hit + maxed damage + Fin2 = ultimate firepower.

With RL and chainfiring I kill Arena Master without trouble

The Wall was a good place for getting experience. Always hit RL+corner shooting+... so, I kill all :)

Strange bug appears on Phobos Anomaly. As usual, I equip missile launcher before opening room with Bruiser Brothers. Shoot one (knockbacked), then shoot second, then reload and repeat until they dies. It is my standard tactics. But one of BB was IMMUNE for rockets! First was dead, but second still marked as (unhurt) despite of 4 or 5 rockets (he take a knockback, but not a damage). well, switching to chaingun helps, and I kill him.

The more difficult game choosen the more mods we are find. So I take Fin-Jug-Fin-WK-WK and assemble tactical boots with A mod, then upgrade chaingun to burst cannon. Hell Armory was a good place for getting mods. I even assemble B-modded pierced chainsaw 6d7 and keep it at prepared slot (Juggler means I can use it anytime without switching).

I get 2 BFG from Halls of Carnage and Sity of Sculls, and unload both at Spiders Lair - I even not make a single step from center! 4 bfg explosions, quick switching to missile launcher (I add it to keybindings) and a nuclear plasma appears just were I stand.

Cyberdemon dies from 4 bfg explosions even have no chance to fire. Instant switching rulezzz

UC was a hard level - I easily kill souls and demons but Angel of Death was decent enemy! At this moment I decide build to MSv, so have a lot of health and piercing chainsaw. Well, result was 2% health and Azrael's Scythe.

At Vaults I was stupid enough for using Staff immediately. Mancubi+Revenants is a dangerous mix! My main weapon was burst chaingun (1d8)x6 (I try to save as much items as possible).

So, with only one large medpack and 46% health I leave Vaults and hear deep, guttural noises!... health globe near me restored health a little, I open door... and get hit to 8%. Using large medpack means next shoot and be knockbacked to lava, I decide try to run away but ... x_x

==============
Spoiler: YAAM (click to show/hide)
==============

Now the same build, successful full victory. As in a previous game I start from Fin-Jug, then get WK2. Think about Survivalist and continue TaN-TaN-Bad. At this moment think "WTF? no, MSv a bad trait and does nothing!" Becouse of TaN, no other master traits (except Vampire - no-no, not in AoMC :)) were available, so I simple choose SoB3, TH, 3d Finesse - I can totally ignore this traits, actually. All that I need and use was Juggler and a lot of modified assemblies.

Find 2 P- and nano-pack at armory. P-modded red power armor is best that I can get. Then it was an easy game. There were only two dangerous levels: Sity of Sculls and Mortuary. At SoS use rocketjump to escape, at Mortuary run out of 10mm ammo (2 full ammochains, 500 bullets + 80 loaded) - last enemies in Mortuary killed from shotgun and nuclear plasma.

Keybindings.lua:
Code: [Select]
-- QuickKeys
["0"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('chainsaw') end,
["1"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('knife') end,
["2"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('pistol') end,
["3"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('shotgun') end,
["4"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('ashotgun') end,
["5"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('dshotgun') end,
["6"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('chaingun') end,
["7"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('bazooka') end,
["8"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('plasma') end,
["9"]     = function() command.quick_weapon('bfg9000') end,
["SHIFT+0"] = function() command.quick_weapon('uscythe') end,
["SHIFT+1"] = function() command.quick_weapon('spear') end,
["SHIFT+5"] = function() command.quick_weapon('udshotgun') end,
["SHIFT+6"] = function() command.quick_weapon('uminigun') end,
["SHIFT+7"] = function() command.quick_weapon('umbazooka') end,
["SHIFT+8"] = function() command.quick_weapon('unplasma') end,
["SHIFT+9"] = function() command.quick_weapon('unbfg9000') end,

Fast switching to unique weapons really works well!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:43 by Equality »
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

Rajhin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [H|AoMC|YASD] Juggler game + some bugs
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23 »

Strange bug appears on Phobos Anomaly. As usual, I equip missile launcher before opening room with Bruiser Brothers. Shoot one (knockbacked), then shoot second, then reload and repeat until they dies. It is my standard tactics. But one of BB was IMMUNE for rockets! First was dead, but second still marked as (unhurt) despite of 4 or 5 rockets (he take a knockback, but not a damage). well, switching to chaingun helps, and I kill him.
They were knockbacked out of explosion range before damage was calculated. It happens fairly often with phaseshifted @ and saved my life few times in AoHu.
20/26 4/17
33/50

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: [H|AoMC|YASD] Juggler game + some bugs
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 03:50 »

They were knockbacked out of explosion range before damage was calculated.
4 or 5 times? go another run, both BB successfully die. Same difficulty, same challenge, same build. Same tactical boots, red armor and missile launcher. Another shooting position, well. Last was from upper, "immune" BB (lower one) was hit under another angle. Now kill them from center.
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

ih8regin

• Captain
  • You dodge! The Cyberdemon dies.
    • View Profile
Re: [H|AoMC|YASD] + [H|AoMC|YAAM] Juggler game + some bugs
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 02:05 »

Another shooting position, well.
This is the very reason you succeed. You might not be aware that what game says is circle is in fact not, it's longer in cardinal directions than in 45-degrees directions. So, if you knockback a BB three tiles at 45 degrees, it flies out of explosion range and does not get hit. But if you do the same with 22-degrees angle or 0 (between firing line and the closest cardinal direction), it'll not leave the explosion range and will get hurt.
0.9.9.6: Cacodemon 2nd Lieutenant, wins 3|5|3|2|0, badges [22|17|7|1|0]
0.9.9.7: badges [21|17|17|10|1|wow,1], quest: UV each challenge (9/16)
Pages: [1]