Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 02:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mac compiling  (Read 5033 times)

Notable Name

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Mac compiling
« on: February 08, 2013, 21:49 »

Hello. I hear aliens (roguebased) is a pretty cool game. I really like nethack. I believe in aliens. However I am at a loss as to how I am supposed to run Aliens rb. I made the mistake of updating my Macbook pro to lion. It fucked everything up. EVERYTHING. However I managed to find the /libraries/frameworks folder that had been hidden from me by my computer and have placed all the SDL packages there. Now I'm trying to figure out how to run the game in terminal. I open up the file called "abrl", presuming this to be the portal into the game and terminal says this:

Code: [Select]
An unhandled exception occurred at $FFF6358B48EA8948 :
ELuaException : cannot open config.lua: No such file or directory
  $FFF6358B48EA8948
  $00000001000E2040
  $00000001000402F8

logout

Which I find interesting because config.lua does in fact exist. I can see it right now. Its in the aliens folder. Its right next to the "abrl" executable file and its laughing and giving me the bird. I'm finding this game to be extremely difficult and was wondering if I could get any spoilers on how to compile or run aliensrb. Any help would be appreciated. If you troll me I will never know. Until this is all worked out, I'll be sitting here FTLing quietly.

Also this having to check I'm human for every post thing is making me wonder if I am in fact human at all.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 21:53 by Notable Name »

Kornel Kisielewicz

• God Hand
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
    • http://chaosforge.org/
Re: Mac compiling
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 11:09 »

The current setup for mac-builds sucks badly. However, the dev versions (of all the CF roguelikes) already are neatly packed into OS X self-contained bundles... so you can either wait or...

... wait a couple of days, ping me in this topic and once AliensRL 0.8.4 BETA 1 is out ping me for beta testing the OS X bundle? :)
at your service,
Kornel Kisielewicz

Notable Name

• Private
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Mac compiling
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 14:16 »

The current setup for mac-builds sucks badly. However, the dev versions (of all the CF roguelikes) already are neatly packed into OS X self-contained bundles... so you can either wait or...

... wait a couple of days, ping me in this topic and once AliensRL 0.8.4 BETA 1 is out ping me for beta testing the OS X bundle? :)

Alright cool I will.
Pages: [1]