Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 13:02
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Opinions on new special levels needed!  (Read 22803 times)

Rajhin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on new special levels needed!
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2013, 06:33 »

Furthermore, there would be two options: The Lost Souls die with Cybie in the same way JC's summons die on his death, or you would have to hunt them down prior to taking down the big C himself, which would add to the challenge of YAAM, which is a good thing IMO. Could be annoying and random with the soul's new behaviour, though. They have a tendency to rush to the other side of the level and get lost.
Or maybe you must kill all of them to be teleported to hell. That will give you time to heal\reload\change equipment after hard (khe he, "hard". At least it intended to be so)  bossfight. Currently you are teleported "as is" and, we-ell, say hello to arachocave or few VMB packs.
20/26 4/17
33/50

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45 »

I didn't mention this option (I should have) because I don't like it too much: being forced to hunt for lost souls after the fight would make the fight a bit anticlimactic, plus the episode in Doom does end with cybie's death...
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2013, 07:24 »

Bah, lost soul's AI could be improved too... so that they don't forget about the player after failing a charge. Current AI is a big improvment over the previous one, but is sometimes extremely annoying, indeed. (especially as vampyre in the lava pits :p)
Why not just make LS keep track of the player after a charge ? At least, until they charge him again. This would make them less predictable (as in Doom, they could wait a lot before charging), and therefore more dangerous than current lost souls.
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

Trar

• Backer
  • Sergeant
  • dsvilsit.wav
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 31, 2013, 08:29 »

I recently played the Containment Area. Damn good level; I was on edge and still managed to kick ass. I like the locked rooms with the loot in them as well; I wouldn't have been able to fight those Barons/Knights without the Missile Launcher/rocket box. Also the Backpack! was nice.
0.0.9.7: Former Human Lance Corporal
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]