Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 12:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0997/G] "u" balance problem when standing on item/weapon  (Read 1855 times)

GinDiamond

• First Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer-Mancubus, trying to get all Bronze
    • View Profile
    • GinDiamond Stuff

When I shortcut "u", usually the usuable items show up. However, an added feature for the 0997 is that you can use items directly from the floor or use weapons/armor/packs directly from the floor. However, the problem is is that if I want to se a medpack or whatever from my inventory, I can't if I'm standing on any consumable or weapon. I'll use (or attempt to use) the item I'm standing on instead.
Do not muddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: [0997/G] "u" balance problem when standing on item/weapon
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 14:50 »

I'm not sure if this is a bug per se... neither interpretation of behaviour is considered 100% correct (if on object, use triggers object use vs pulling up the inventory).

Personally, I avoid the mess by using stuff via inventory, and only use the "use" command on stuff on the ground.
I computed, therefore I was.

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
Re: [0997/G] "u" balance problem when standing on item/weapon
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 15:07 »

As Thelaptop indicated, you can push I to bring up your inventory and use stuff in your inventory that way.  Also, thanks for reminding me about the option to use from the ground; I forgot that it's there and recently lost a game because I wasted a second picking up a med pack.  I'll have to keep that feature in mind for future.  :)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: [1]