Chaosforge Forum

• April 25, 2024, 09:08
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Player info merging  (Read 2535 times)

unless

• Private
    • View Profile
Player info merging
« on: January 08, 2007, 04:47 »

Kind of an odd request, but would it be possible to implement merging/syncing of two player.dat files for those of us who play on multiple machines?  If save files could be synced too, that would be super keen.  Optimally this could be done over a network, but I can only assume that would be a pain in the ass to code, so maybe by just running an app or something on the two files to see what's changed between them?

Dunno if this is even feasible, but it would be mega handy.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
Re: Player info merging
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 14:20 »

Ah, there are no save files.
That's called savescumming and isn't supposed to be part of the game :)

For the rest of it, UV is easily accessible AFAIR, and N!'s something to be played at your home PC with plenty of time on your hands, anyway :)
The rest of it isn't too difficult to do twice if you could do it once IMO, at the moment.

Fingerzam

• Elder Chaos Guard
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 13:31 »

You can also have the game installed on a USB memory and play it from there.

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 12:28 »

I was thinking about it earlier, and there is one place I think this should be implemented:
High Scores.

Now that I got a few of my friends addicted ( :P ), they were competing against a highscore I left them from my example game.
This made me think - if highscores could be inserted/swaped/merged somehow, it would make for nice objectives to beat - and if they aren't real, then without mortems to go with them they won't be much to brag about.

At the very least, some highscores should be on the list from the start. Could use contributer names for them, like with many retail games.

Adral

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 12:32 »

At the very least, some highscores should be on the list from the start. Could use contributer names for them, like with many retail games.

If we're going to have a "Blade" highscore on the list, my opinion is NO.

I would *never* beat that! :P
Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter
Pages: [1]