DoomRL > Post Mortem

[M|86%|24|YASD] so close and yet so far

<< < (2/2)

Trar:

--- Quote from: Trar on March 25, 2013, 11:25 ---I know I should branch out, and I do occasionally, but Survivalist is my favorite Master trait for regular runs. It's versatile and it suits my playstyle. The other Master traits I go for are the ones appropriate to AoMr and AoSh runs (i haven't tried the former yet in 0.9.9.7; Army of the Dead is pretty cool). Survivalist lets you overheal with medkits and have a chance to completely shrug off otherwise damaging attacks, I believe.

I WOULD have scavenged some more but I was pretty close to death during most of my time in Hell; I was pretty skint for stuff except ammo (shells and 10mm that is).

--- End quote ---
I've come to realize the value in speed(I know how to run, strafe and use Agility mods now), so I'm less of a tank than I used to be. Still satisfying to push forward and mow down everything in your path though.

Funnily enough I actually had a nuke in Dis on an AoMr run. I forgot to activate it. *facepalm* That's Newkirk down there in my signature. Might have the mortem up here on the forums, then again I might not (it's so embarrassing arrghghgh)

LuckyDee:
The way I was raised by the other good people on this forum, it's avoiding damage that will further your play instead of being able to take it.

If you want a general build that prepares you for this, I'd like to suggest Cateye, starting with INT-INT - this has worked miracles for me. You'll see enemies coming before they can see you and get insight in movement / behaviour patterns while at the same time allowing you to take a tactical position for opening fire. Works with every type of weapon save melee.

--- Quote from: Trar on March 25, 2013, 11:28 ---Funnily enough I actually had a nuke in Dis on an AoMr run. I forgot to activate it. *facepalm* That's Newkirk down there in my signature. Might have the mortem up here on the forums, then again I might not (it's so embarrassing arrghghgh)

--- End quote ---

You won't believe the number of times I looked at my mortem and thought "Crap, I had [insert life-saver here] with me all the time". It's easy to lose track of these things in the fray.

Trar:
I might try Cateye. Thanks for the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version