Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:44
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.7G/Win] Indestructible things  (Read 2372 times)

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.7G/Win] Indestructible things
« on: March 28, 2013, 01:54 »

2 things I noticed :
  • Crates : in "The walls here seems tough" levels, you can't destroy thoses... why not add the possibility to (O)pen the crates ? Not a big deal, of course, but I also think it would be more confortable, in term of gameplay, without making the game significantly "easier"
  • Just went through the vaults yesterday, and got this weird problem of invincible corpses, for the 2nd time. I think I understood the reason : corpses on one of the indestructible walls tile (which I removed with AM's staff) = indestructible corpse. Am I right ?
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: [0.9.9.7G/Win] Indestructible things
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 02:10 »

• Crates : in "The walls here seems tough" levels, you can't destroy thoses... why not add the possibility to (O)pen the crates ? Not a big deal, of course, but I also think it would be more confortable, in term of gameplay, without making the game significantly "easier"

You do realize that there's only specific types of crates that can be shot for treasure, right?
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 05:22 »

Yes.

What I said is : the (destructible) crates can't be destroyed in levels with indestructible walls.
This can be considered a feature, of course, but for me, it looks like a mistake. Like if doors weren't destructible in thoses levels (well, I never checked :p).
I just think crates are not walls, and thus, shouldn't be affected. (maybe, normal crates should also be destructible in such levels... but this is another debate, since those are technically equivalent to walls, in term of gameplay).
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

tehtmi

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 02:26 »

For the tough walls, I'd probably change it to make things with CF_FRAGILE still destructible.  For non-modders, that means mainly doors, barrels, and supply crates.  (The whole pushing barrels interaction with this event, of course, is also not ideal.)

The indestructible corpse issue is annoying.  I know how to fix it, but it would be a pretty messy fix without some significant refactoring.
Pages: [1]