Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 02:13
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Changing the ammo system?  (Read 28398 times)

yaflhdztioxo

• Programmer
  • Local Inquisitor
  • Captain
  • Lost Sole
    • View Profile
Re: Changing the ammo system?
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2013, 07:54 »

It sounds like you're talking about prototype properties vs published object properties.  They sometimes line up but they are not always shared.

Name for instance.  You can specify a name when declaring an item prototype and you can change an individual object's name by modifying the object's published 'name' property.  There's a 'name' property in both sets.  Color (ascii color) can also be edited this way.

sprite, psprite, glow, and coscolor are prototype-only properties.  You CANNOT modify these on a single object.  This is because sprites are not generated on the fly--they are assembled based on your prototypes.  There is a published 'picture' property which I assume refers to the actual sprite being used but I have never tampered with it so I cannot offer any advice.

Autoquark

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2013, 08:26 »

Thanks. According to the wiki, "picture" is just the object property of "ascii", and if I print it using ui.msg, I get a number that depends on the ascii property, so this seems correct. Is there another object property that holds the assembled sprite? I was thinking I might be able to register items with all the sprite and glow combinations I might need (I'm only planning on using pure red, green and blue glows) and then copy the assembled sprite property from an object of that item to the item whose sprite I want to change.

EDIT: So is there no way to change an item's description after it has been created? You didn't mention it, but the wiki says that the object property "desc" is the name of the object rather than the description, and doesn't list an object property for the description.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 10:39 by Autoquark »

Autoquark

• Backer
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2013, 09:40 »

According to the wiki, one sniper weapon pack causes a weapon to have no range penalties to accuracy, and a second one causes it not to suffer any penalty against hitting a target you can't see. Are there some new item flags that set this behaviour? The wiki states that IF_AUTOHIT is used by sniper packs, but I assume that's for older versions where a sniper pack just caused a weapon to always hit.

Uranium

• Greater Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Heavier Than A Death In The Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2013, 09:59 »

According to the wiki, one sniper weapon pack causes a weapon to have no range penalties to accuracy, and a second one causes it not to suffer any penalty against hitting a target you can't see. Are there some new item flags that set this behaviour? The wiki states that IF_AUTOHIT is used by sniper packs, but I assume that's for older versions where a sniper pack just caused a weapon to always hit.

Yep, it was split into IF_FARHIT and IF_UNSEENHIT for the first and second mods respectively.
Use power for power.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All