Chaosforge Forum

• April 24, 2024, 12:06
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Nightmare! difficulty not Accessible to slow players  (Read 11649 times)

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare! difficulty not Accessible to slow players
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 14:23 »

@Kornel, what do you think of my suggestion above of putting Nightmare! saves on the server?  That would address your number 3 concern.
That will require substantial rewriting of code.  Not sure if this will ever get done given everything else.  While there is a "server" now, observe that it is still in its infancy and has more of a "pull" model than a "push" model -- writing to the server is no where implemented yet.

And you can combine that with other people's suggestions of limiting the number of saves.  (Or perhaps only allowing a save after a certain number of levels have gone by?   Perhaps you only get the option after a minimum of level 25?  Or 50?  And then you lose the option until another 50 have gone by?)  That might address the number 1 concern.
There is a limit: zero.  Last I checked, zero is a number.  But on a more serious note, the merits of this is out of the scope of the thread because it pertains only to Ao100 or ArchAo666.  Let's wait till Kornel returns from the Eclipse before we open a new thread to yell about that.

As for number 2...  I usually die if I go fast, so I don't know what to do about that.  :P
Play fast, but not too fast?  I dunno... you're on your own there...
I computed, therefore I was.

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare! difficulty is not Accessible for slow players
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 16:30 »

No compromises on this one.
HAHAHAHA, a very bad joke, Sir.

Tell me why UV is harder than N! in certain aspects? Huh? You don't know? Go check then ;) .

ave fun trying to finish Ao666 taking weeks or even months of your life with a powered-on computer. Just pray to the Goddess of Luck Tymora that no power failure happens. And that no-one else in your family might accidentally shut down or restart your computer........
You have to upgrade your PC to a laptop, or buy an UPS. Don't forget about 8 GB of RAM, some multicore CPU and 1 TB SSD drive. Oh and progamer keyboard is a must.
Only then you can think about being "like 2Dev" and playing N!.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 17:04 by skarczew »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: Nightmare! difficulty not Accessible to slow players
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 20:11 »

I think there is enough "discussion" here even after Kornel's words on the matter.

I am locking this thread.
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All