Chaosforge Forum

• April 20, 2024, 08:52
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [977G] I'm pretty sure you're suppoused to blow up that barrel  (Read 2428 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile

The spider here shot at that barrel for so many volleys I lost count. And then I had to stop when the imp became to be a party pooper.
Yet it did not blow up. I'm pretty sure it should've blown up already ages ago.

N! diffuculty, dual angel with over confident and berserk, marine build.

Bug or 'feature' ?
i dont even know anymore

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile

I see this all the time.  As far as I know, Arachnotrons have never been able to blow up napalm barrels.  For some reason, it never occurred to me to report it; maybe I should have.  Oh well...
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Hamster

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile

Arachno's damage is 1d5 per hit, that is 5 dmg max. And a barrel of napalm has 5 armor.

Armor: This also makes objects harder to destroy. Whenever an object takes damage, the object's armor is subtracted from the damage before the damage is subtracted from HP. Unlike the armor of the player and his enemies, objects' armor may reduce damage to 0.

So, Arachnotrons simply can't destroy napalm barrels at all since they do no damage to them.

Radagast

• First Sergeant
  • Cogito ergo sum
    • View Profile

Arachno's damage is 1d5 per hit, that is 5 dmg max. And a barrel of napalm has 5 armor.

Armor: This also makes objects harder to destroy. Whenever an object takes damage, the object's armor is subtracted from the damage before the damage is subtracted from HP. Unlike the armor of the player and his enemies, objects' armor may reduce damage to 0.

So, Arachnotrons simply can't destroy napalm barrels at all since they do no damage to them.

That's not really a good excuse, since plasma dmg that the arachnotrons deal is supposed to "IGNORE" half the armor of the target. Also this is point blank range, where it is practically incredibly hard to miss it so it really should have been blown up after just a few turns at the most anyway. My guess is, it is indeed a bug. Though a minor one since it doesn't affect gameplay significantly.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 16:49 by Radagast »
[0.997G] Hell Baron, Lt. Colonel
SP:56/67, ASB:36/40, Medals: 28/43, Badges: 20|17|12|5|2|0
Games: 37 -- Wins: 0/2/3/5/0, best game so far: AoSh/UV/YAAM
Now trying: Arch-Vile/Colonel (11k kills, 150 melee kills, 3 Gold to get)
Pages: [1]