Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 18:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trait suggestion: Massacre Man  (Read 3124 times)

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
Trait suggestion: Massacre Man
« on: January 11, 2007, 10:09 »

I'm basing this on a trait suggested elsewhere on the forum - someone thought it would be a good idea to make it possible to dual-wield a shotgun and a chainsaw, but once I got to thinking about it, it'd be really nice to be able to dual-wield *anything* and a chainsaw, and it wouldn't be unbalanced at all.
This will only enable for a powerful melee attack without having to waste time on weapon exchange. That would give the chainsaw a spot on almost any strategy.

GenTechJ

• Tester - DoomRL Staff
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
  • Hail to the king baby!
    • View Profile
Re: Trait suggestion: Massacre Man
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 11:03 »

Would also be helpful when you're surrounded with a slow firing/reloading weapon. I would love to see this implemented, or set so that you can dual wield almost any ranged weapon with a melee weapon. It'd need to be semi tweaked though, I mean doesn't the BFG require two hands to hold and fire? So hence the reason I say almost any ranged weapon. Sadly that means shotty/chainsaw combo might be out the door unless we pump the shottie Arnold style. However, this idea would be perfect in EvilDeadRL/ArmyofDarknessRL...~hint hint, nudge nudge~ :)

Aki

• Marketing/PR and Wiki Ops
  • Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 18:33 »

I'm basing this on a trait suggested elsewhere on the forum - someone thought it would be a good idea to make it possible to dual-wield a shotgun and a chainsaw, but once I got to thinking about it, it'd be really nice to be able to dual-wield *anything* and a chainsaw, and it wouldn't be unbalanced at all.
This will only enable for a powerful melee attack without having to waste time on weapon exchange. That would give the chainsaw a spot on almost any strategy.
AoB with *duel weild*Chainsaw and LS*/Duel weild* with AA. Now tell me thats not overpowered =p
[0.9.9.7]
Badges: [22/17/15/10/4/0]

Brewtal Legend

• Second Lieutenant
  • I am Hellbound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 23:39 »

yEAH. i WAS THE ONE WHO ORIGINALLY POSTED THE CHAINSAW SHOTTY TRAIT. i GOT THE IDEA FROM aRMY OF dARKNESS AND EVIL DEAD. I agree, it would be even better to be able to dual wield any gun and the chainsaw. I like the "Massacre man" trait name. I said Shotgun because I was going for the Ash theme.(call it the "Groovy" Trait.) :)
Sadly that means shotty/chainsaw combo might be out the door unless we pump the shottie Arnold style.
Exactly! Do it Arny and Ash style. Maybe even make the shotgun a little slower on the reload to make it a little more realistic. (I really wouldn't want that though.) Maybe make it not possible for the BFG since it does make a lot of sense that the BFG is just to big to dual wield it with anything. (I just noticed that the capitalization at the begining of my post is all skewed. I'm too lazy to fix it though.)

-Legend
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 23:42 by Brewtal Legend »
-Legend

TFoN

• Colonel
  • Gleefully antisocial!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 05:41 »

AoB with *duel weild*Chainsaw and LS*/Duel weild* with AA. Now tell me thats not overpowered =p
It had only hit me afterwards - very true :P

Sadly that means shotty/chainsaw combo might be out the door unless we pump the shottie Arnold style.
Have you considered the trait is there to enable these kinds of things? ;)
Otherwise this could have been suggested as a permanent game feature.
AFAIK, like the BFG you [both] mentioned, the CG, RL and the CS itself are all two-handed and mostly impossible to use otherwise.
At the same time, almost anyone can reload a shotgun on the move, but that's an advanced trait. And you're playing a trained marine.
The BFG might be an edge case, but mostly for balance issues, considering it doesn't harm the player anyway.
Pages: [1]