Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Damageless hells arena N! ?  (Read 1980 times)

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
Damageless hells arena N! ?
« on: April 02, 2013, 13:21 »

Okay this is something thats been bugging me for a while now.
I've been wanting to do some N! runs and I really want to take on that Hells Arena.
But the corpse resurrection is just ridicilous.
So far the pretty basic stance is to: Pile up the bodies with knockback, have cacodemon blast gib em.

But now, when it comes to damageless, how on earth is this suppoused to be done?
At first I figured that bodies to the wall: dodge caco blast, gib. But that would be too.. unreliable, unless, dodgemaster, yet on the untoucheables with hell arena on N! that are on mortems, they don't seem to come with dodgemaster either. This would also cut the damage output seriously low.
One other thing I figured would be to hope for a vault and a rocket launcher.. But, really, that is even more unreliable, specialy since they won't come with rockets usualy.

So does anyone actually got any good pointer on this?
i dont even know anymore

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
Re: Damageless hells arena N! ?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 13:31 »

I believe you need to use corpse-stacking. Lure everything to one spot next to a wall and try to have everything die on the same tile. If this fail, stand on one of the corpses (so it cannot revive) and wait until the other bastard (hopefully a demon) wakes up. Then lure him to the tile with the other corpse and kill him there.

I've only been able to do that on AoMC, though. Being able to take Int2 without sacrificing DPS is a big advantage.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Rajhin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 13:32 »

Did it few times.
Do not gib corpses. Just put them in one or two stacks before calling barons.
20/26 4/17
33/50

appuru

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 13:34 »

Damageless probably has a lot of luck involved no matter what, but here's the strategy I was thinking on using:

Grab a a shotgun (preferably a combat shotgun as a rare drop), a chaingun, and enough ammo. You'd need a lucky spawn so you can take cover safely, then blindfire cacodemons to lure them in and corner shoot them with the shotgun.

Once you can set up this situation, hit them until they're mortally wounded/almost dead and switch to chaingun as they get in melee range, this way they will die on the same spot. Now you can stand on top of it to keep it from respawning and blindfire the next enemy in or just wait. This way the worst that could happen is that two cacodemons get into your line of sight, or your corpse stack revives in the turns it takes to corner shoot the next enemy to death. Getting the right angles so that corpses can be gibbed can be inconsistent, so this should be a backup strategy in case there's more than 1 corpse hanging around. Hope this helps~

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 14:25 »

As others stated, corpse-stacking is key.  Personally, when I did it, it was on AoMC with Int 2, a Chaingun, (preferably two Chainguns so you don't ever get caught with an empty Chaingun) and a looooot of bullets from farming Former Humans/Captains on level 2.  Then just shoot all Cacodemons from outside their sight range and lure Demons over to the Cacodemon corpses.

Alternatively, get Dodgemaster and do some creative dodging to get Cacodemons to destroy each other's bodies.  The two levels of HR will also be a big help in outrunning Demons so you can maneuver them into corpse-stacking positions.
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 14:38 »

Or on AoMC you can actually try passing HA without corpse-stacking. It requires some luck, but it's possible.
Int2 is the most sensible choice. Without it you're asking for trouble (unless you're you-know-who).
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]

Fanta Hege

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Will it work? I HAVE NO IDEA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 17:51 »

Hmmm Hadn't considered corpse stacking.
Gotta see how that works out, though that does sound quite time consuming to get them all to the one place.

Well gotta hope for good spawn spots now.
Thanks guys!
i dont even know anymore
Pages: [1]