DoomRL > Discussion

A Beginner's Guide to DoomRL

<< < (3/7) > >>

dtsund:
I didn't say Hellrunner wasn't useful for pistol and burst builds, I just said it was less useful for them than it is for melee and shotguns.  There are certainly times when they'll want to run and dodge, they just need to do so less often than melee and shotgun builds will, and Hellrunner is correspondingly a lower priority trait for them.  Same goes for Eagle Eye and pistols; like I said, it's useful for them, just not as critical as for a pure burst build.

I like Blademaster quite a bit!  All I meant when I said it was the weakest of the melee Master Traits was that the trait itself, in a vacuum, is generally weaker than, say, Malicious Blades.  But in real games, the traits don't exist in a vacuum, and Malicious Blades comes at the serious penalty of not being able to take Berserker.  And as awesome as Blademaster is in the City of Skulls (and if someone reading this has never taken a Blademaster there, you owe it to yourself to do so), most levels aren't the City of Skulls.

Your point about fireproof armor on Malicious Blades, though, is well-taken; I'll amend that section accordingly.

AlterAsc:
I'm not sure i understand what you mean by trait in vacuum. Master is a combination of the trait itself and all bonuses from required traits plus blocked traits.
With Blademaster you can take down not city of skulls but groups of arch-viles, mancubi and revenants in a matter of in-game seconds.You simply run from one target to next while things die along your path. This trait shines when you can kill your enemy in one hit - and with weapon from unholy cathedral you're basically guaranteed to do so while in berserk.

Buzzard:

--- Quote ---Envirosuit pack (, dark green +): Temporarily makes you immune to harm from wading in acid or lava and grants 25% resistance to fire and acid damage.
--- End quote ---
Is that new this version? Never heard of that.

ParaSait:

--- Quote from: Buzzard on April 05, 2013, 12:45 ---Is that new this version? Never heard of that.

--- End quote ---
It's been like that for a long while now.

Klear:
I always forget that the envirosuit gives acid protection, while on the other hand, I always though it gave (or at least, should give) some protection from Hell Barons/Knights in Doom....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version