Chaosforge Forum

• April 16, 2024, 09:39
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Soooo... AoMr in 0.9.9.7  (Read 8696 times)

skarczew

• Elder
  • Major General
    • View Profile
Re: Soooo... AoMr in 0.9.9.7
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 09:31 »

Oh, you should try it on N!.
True. Especially YAAM N!.

Solarn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 09:37 »

Sharpshooter Technician is also great and probably my favorite build due to the max dmg/knockback but people seem to favor gun kata equally if not more. Your choice really, I don't think that one is better than the other. Just personal preference.

Also by making technician you do get to make a stormbolter pretty early on due to easy-mode whizkid.
MSs Technician is an unstoppable killing machine and never let anyone tell you otherwise. If you manage to create a storm bolter from a halfway decent base weapon (BLASTER!), you will blow everything to chunks with one burst, up to and including barons. You just need to position yourself correctly so the knockback doesn't knock them out of the line of fire. Most of the time I haven't had a problem with that even back in 0.9.9.6, but the way some people here talk about it, you'd think it is mathematically certain to happen whenever you press fire.

grommile

• Elder
  • First Lieutenant
  • mmm beer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 10:44 »

If you manage to create a storm bolter from a halfway decent base weapon (BLASTER!),
As the Spartans said to Alexander:

"If."
0.9.9.7: 22-15-10-0-0 22/43 62/67 (P 349, D 43/67) 36/40 (B19 A12 M5) Arch-Vile CPT

Armorer Platinum and Diamond should be abolished; the Dragonslayer taboo deserves every scrap of mockery it receives.

Buzzard

• Bronze Supporter
  • Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 11:23 »

Sharpshooter is probably the best perk overall but I think GunKata is still really good. It gives you more survivability and it gets rid of the reload problem 99% of the time.
Hell Baron Captain [16/12/8/0/0]

raekuul

• Supporter
  • Brigadier General
  • Storyteller Under The Bridge
    • View Profile
    • Veldania
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 12:14 »

I'm sure it does, but I've never had any success when going for Gun Kata
Tormuse doesn't lose, he dies on purpose to lull the demons into a false sense of security.

Ashannar

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Shottyhead Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 12:18 »

I don't like bullet dance, but a masterless marine pistol build has never failed me.

I like to go  SoG->SoG->DG->SoG->Fin->Fin->WK->WK->EE->EE->Int->Int->SoG->SoG->

Make storm bolters and blow everything away. Alternatively you can get EE and Int2 before WK, getting a bit more safety earlier.

I also favor masterless pistol builds, I think.

My ideal is more like

SoG->SoG->DG->SoG->EE->WK->HR->SoB->SoB->SoB->WK->EE->SoG->SoG

I don't see the point of going masterless if you don't plan to stack SoB and SoG.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 12:22 by Ashannar »
Hell Baron Major (0.9.9.7) 22 18 12 1 0 0

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 17:45 »

Masterless works fine for all 3 classes. The extra life/zerk, or quick Int or quick medipacks makes it a pretty doable run. Not easy, but doable. Speedloaders are a pretty reliable pistol to build for, but throwing bulk mods onto pistols works fairly well as well. It depends on your EE level at the time.

Or just go for MSs or MGK. While you're at it, make a storm-bolter. Because we all get the mods for them every game, often enough for two or three of them. /sarcasm

But for reliability, just go for masterless and speedloaders/bulks. It'll get you to the end. Just.
Pages: 1 [2]  All