Chaosforge Forum

• April 27, 2024, 13:33
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: AoMr & Limbo/Mortuary  (Read 3391 times)

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
AoMr & Limbo/Mortuary
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:34 »

Would it make a big difference in difficulty curve to add there as a reward combat pistol instead of that pesky assault shotgun? I don't think so. But it would make a great surpirse/motivation to go in there and tackle the challenge it is on AoMr.

Please...
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
Re: AoMr & Limbo/Mortuary
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 17:05 »

What is this assault shotgun for anyway... maybe replace it with a plasma one, or a random exotic ?

Looks like a rather good idea imo.
EDIT:
@Equality
Yep, but mortuary is really late, and hard, especially as AoMr.
Having more useful rewards when playing angel of something could be a good idea, but would significantly change game balance. This change wouldn't. It would just make mortuary a little more useful.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 02:11 by Evilpotatoe »
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

Equality

• Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 22:55 »

well, and at Hell Armory to. It so frustating be AoMr and find here minigun, laser rifle, Jackhammer and nuclear plasma. Same true for AoSh, when found minigun, Trigun, Revenants launcher and combat pistol. No, of course not 2 unique at a time - hyperbolic sample. But I have a lot cases when no challenge-suitable weapon generated.
Once advanced DoomRL player
Find mysterious sword Dragonslayer
Say "Best thing ever found!" and start jumping around...
But he can't get the sword from the ground

Rajhin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 02:51 »

I think that mortuary is the place where you should show what you can, it's too late to improve there. What's the point of reward, where you should use it? On spidey? He can be killed with simple pistol easily.
20/26 4/17
33/50

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 10:00 »

I am a kind of guy who is happy to improve his character even a little, so if I know myself I'd hoard 5 mods for mortuary to get  that combat pistol, mod it and get reasonably stronger. I actually always visit the mortuary and never died there. If it's not a big deal, because it's so late, so why not? It would make some people happy (like me) and it wouldn't hurt balance whatsoever.

About Armory/Deimos I don't actually agree. It's up to RNG if you get something suitable for you or not, it always was in most of the games/challenges. If you don't like it, get Scavenger trait.

And, funny, I find rather assault shotgun more useful than plasma one :D Shotguns are all about corner shooting.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:04 by zenfur »
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

SageAcrin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 12:08 »

Adding a decent set of exotics to the Limbo/Mortuary would be a harmless way to make it more fun. I'd say just toss a randomized exotic pistol/shotgun(instead of the Assault Shotgun)/rapid weapon in the corners that don't have the nuclear BFG.

Generally speaking, if you can clear those without a nuke, you're probably going to beat the game, so it's not like it's dangerous to balance. :)
Arch-Vile Brigadier General, 25|18|15|7|1|1 (0.9.9.7)
(10k enemies/65~ Cyberdemons from Cyberdemon, 1 Diamond from Mjr. General)
Pages: [1]