DoomRL > Releases

The Elevator of Dimensions (0.9.2)

<< < (2/9) > >>

yaflhdztioxo:
...how!?

Rajhin:
Tried to play this. Well... I guess I became too adjusted on graphic version. Especially that shoot-on-click feature. Maybe you will make at least some placeholders for absent sprites? Colored letters will be okay.

Tormuse:
I've been playing the console version all along, so no adjustment for me!  :D

--- Quote from: yaflhdztioxo on April 19, 2013, 05:29 ---...how!?

--- End quote ---

Lots of corner/radar-shooting with the Tactical Shotgun and a lot of patience.  :P  Med packs and shells spawned and respawned often enough that I was rarely in short supply, but I kind of found myself wishing I had gone with an Army of the Dead build for how long it was taking to kill everything at range with the shotgun, especially on level 2.  (Ooh!  Maybe I'll try that next!)  :D

At Castle Wolfenstein, I switched to using the Gatling Gun more, since bullets were a lot more plentiful.  It got a bit tedious with the scores of tiny enemies after all the big enemies I had just faced in previous levels, but was still marked by amusing moments when I would shoot a guard and have him explode into a big pile of med packs he had been picking up.  :D  That level would be fun with a Gunrunner build, just tearing around, letting the shotgun do all the work.  (Well, as long as the shells would last anyway)

After that, I used the Micro Launcher and Plasma Rifle in the Computer Corridor a lot, since rockets and cells were a lot more plentiful, and didn't really have any trouble until the Outer Limits level, since it had very little cover and (apparently) I had to watch where I walked!  (though, I was thankful that knockback seemed to be turned off for that level)  The Cyberdemons, in particular, gave me a lot of trouble and I was thankful for the fact that Shottyman works on the Missile Launcher now.  As I mentioned earlier, the Overlord and Battlelord were a pain in the ass, as they kept heading toward me and avoiding corner-shooting positions and I couldn't get to my discarded equipment in order to better deal with them.  (Die, you son of a bitch!)  ;)

I dealt with the Arch-Lich by corner-shooting as much as I could with the Hyperblaster and hitting it with my Plasmatic Super Shotgun if it got too close and I think the Anti-Gravity Boots were helpful in avoiding the explosions when he went into his invulnerable mode.  He was tough, but I wore him down eventually.

EDIT:  BTW, why does my mortem say version 0.8.0, when the file I downloaded says 0.9.0 and the thread title says 0.9.1?  Am I playing the wrong version or is there a typo somewhere?

shark20061:

--- Quote from: shark20061 on April 18, 2013, 10:09 --- He was too young to die!
 He killed 1487 out of 1487 hellspawn. (100%)
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Tormuse on April 19, 2013, 01:47 --- He opposed the Nightmare!
 He killed 1472 out of 1472 hellspawn. (100%)
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---
How did Tormuse end up killing *less* enemies on Nightmare than I did on ITYTD????

--- Quote from: Tormuse on April 19, 2013, 06:56 ---EDIT:  BTW, why does my mortem say version 0.8.0, when the file I downloaded says 0.9.0 and the thread title says 0.9.1?  Am I playing the wrong version or is there a typo somewhere?

--- End quote ---

Typo.

Tormuse:

--- Quote from: shark20061 on April 19, 2013, 12:02 ---Typo.

--- End quote ---

Ah, but which one is the typo?  :P

--- Quote from: shark20061 on April 19, 2013, 12:02 ---How did Tormuse end up killing *less* enemies on Nightmare than I did on ITYTD????

--- End quote ---

Good question; I was under the impression that there are the same number of enemies at each difficulty level.  Is the rest of the mortem for that game posted somewhere?  My first guess is that you took longer to kill the Arch-Lich than I did and he summoned more minions.  In my game, he only had time to summon two Skeletal Dragons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version