Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 09:51
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [U|AoMr|YAAM] Speed demon. Platinum marksman.  (Read 2154 times)

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
[U|AoMr|YAAM] Speed demon. Platinum marksman.
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:07 »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My first successful marksman run. I find it on UV the easiest actually :D This run is very XP dependant.

I always considered marksman as a hardest of the easy-"hard" challenges and Sharpshooter as not so awesome (as you can't use double guns). Yet it appeared to be totally awesome, as since you have Sharpshoot and mod your pistol with one power mod, you gain knockback! Suddenly all battles are so much easier, especially with INT 2. I tried this 3 times, 3rd was a success, all other died around Deimos Lab.

I was counting on Sniper/Firestorm mod pack from Deimos (to ease scan shooting/make my way into the wall and gib corpses), but I've got the other ones: nano and onyx... heh. I didn't waste them though.

I think I wouldn't enter Skull City without assembling antigrav boots. It wasn't so harsh as I thought it to be.

Speed demon. At the last levels I had max speed of shooting (0.1), making everyone of regular enemies die in 0.5 sec at most, and with gravity boots + hellrunner 0.2 for walking, so no enemy was a problem.

I didn't finish cerb. boots, and upgraded armor and thus Lava pits appeared to be challenging. I wasn't certain if powerups like enviro suit are based on turns of player or turns of game/time, and I ended up in the middle of the lava before first floor island... I had to get a lucky phase shift to get me closer to the suits and I got kinda in the middle of map, on island with 4 pain elementals, souls and 2 revenants. It costed me 5 large meds to get to the enviro suits.

I didn't complete UC, as I didn't get to have invul globe. Again, oh irony, I got 2 invul globes next level :( I wanted explorer badge, but Platinum Marksman was more appealing. Good game.

Btw, I didn't have Spider level, what is it paired with? Halls of carnage?
Couldn't Limbo/Mortuary have combat pistol instead of assault shotgun for AoMr? :)
What else is based on player turns except powerups like zerk/invu/enviro?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 12:21 by zenfur »
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
Re: [U|AoMr|YAAM] Speed demon. Platinum marksman.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 18:34 »

Spider's Lair is paired with Halls of Carnage.
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0
Pages: [1]