Chaosforge Forum

• March 29, 2024, 05:48
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Dodgemaster - who does it work on? Short topic.  (Read 1949 times)

zenfur

• Corporal
  • Huh?
    • View Profile
Dodgemaster - who does it work on? Short topic.
« on: April 17, 2013, 10:33 »

Hey, I'd like to magnify dodgemaster trait in this theard.

As of my experience I think that some monsters just ignore this trait, and I'd like to get a confirmation/negation here.

What I noticed:
Except obvious ones as Revenant, Arch Vile and Sergeants
I think that Mancubis ignores this trait and just shoots his 3 missiles which have normal chance to hit you.
I think that chainfiring guys like former commando/Archatron also ignore this trait (or just first bullet is dodged for sure) as I am always damaged nevertheless.

So on who does it actually work? I think that those are: Barons, Hell knights, Cybie, Mastermind (I am not sure about shotgun-like attack), Former humen, Cacos, Imps, Shamblers, JC, Lava elemental? Most of them are bosses.
[0.9.9.7G][20/15/10/5/1/0]
19 different medals
Hell Baron

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
Re: Dodgemaster - who does it work on? Short topic.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43 »

I simply works on only the first shot fired, so with chainfiring enemies you are guaranteed to dodge the first round, but the rest of them still have a chance to tag you.

I'm not sure about Mancubus, maybe the "first" shot isn't the middle one? I think I've seen them hit me with dodgemaster before.

Oh, and you actually can dodge revenants, it's just that their attack is AoE so you still get splashed. With Fireangel (and DM) however, you are guaranteed that you won't be hit directly (if you keep moving) and won't take damage from the splash damage.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

Evilpotatoe

• Backer
  • Major
  • Lost Soul corpse
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 10:45 »

Against rapid fire, it's well known that only the first shot is a guaranteed dodge (I think this info is in the wiki)
For mancubi.. I didn't notice this, but Klear may be right. Considering mancubi's precision, they are always a threat anyway.

Yes, seems to work agains everything you mentionned. Maybe not Mastermind, since I beleive the new version behaves like a mancubus (well, when you fight him... usually, I always nuke him)
Also, lava elemental might have an AOE attack, no ? I never pay attention to him...

A quick search would probably answer you more precisely :)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:46 by Evilpotatoe »
Badges - [26/26/26/22/9/2] - 42/43

Rajhin

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 10:59 »

Mancubi have 100% dodge chance, so if you are moving they will aim at your previous position regardless of your stats and traits. And that's about thier middle shot, side shots directed at some angles.
20/26 4/17
33/50
Pages: [1]