Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Endless/Massacre : Request for Ideas

<< < (3/9) > >>

Igor Savin:

--- Quote ---"I can't even imagine, how skeletons that are raised moment ago in deep forest, for example, from corpse of beast, for example, can have ANY weapon other than stick ot rocks. Maybe skeleton stickman, and skeleton rockman?))) I'm not serious, anyway"
--- End quote ---

ROFL.
Hey, that'd make a great BRL mock-up!

--- Quote ---"Why you don't like to give 2 points per level?"
--- End quote ---

I agree.

--- Quote ---"Bash - have normal damage to single enemy, but greater than norman chance to knock him back(maybe on bigger distance than normal)."
--- End quote ---

And harm monster that stands there! And if you hit him into wall\tree, that hurts.

Adral:
Well, I'll throw my trait ideas too:

- Will of Iron - willpower req. Lets you get out of berserk rage for an energy cost, and lets you increase your berserk state when out of the rage, also for an energy cost. [EDIT]: Even better, instead of letting you slip out of berserk rage, it lets you reload your weapons when berserkering. [/EDIT]
- Bloodlust - willpower req. Lets you enter berserk state sooner (i.e. 55% of health remaining instead of 50% at level 1)
- Dodge stance - dex req. When you enter dodge stance you have a greater dodge chance but every time you are hit or you would have been hit (so, in fact, every time you get attacked), some amount of energy is consumed.
- Pain immunity - endurance and/or willpower req. For a energy cost, you are able to recover some pain penalty instantly.
- Aggressive stance - strength req. When you enter aggressive stance, you deal more damage and have more accuracy, but each hit you give consumes energy

Igor Savin:

--- Quote ---"and lets you increase your berserk state when out of the rage, also for an energy cost."
--- End quote ---

Too powerful.

--- Quote ---"instead of letting you slip out of berserk rage, it lets you reload your weapons when berserkering"
--- End quote ---

This one seems good.

--- Quote ---"- Dodge stance - dex req. When you enter dodge stance you have a greater dodge chance but every time you are hit or you would have been hit (so, in fact, every time you get attacked), some amount of energy is consumed."
--- End quote ---

Some nerfing needed, I think.

--- Quote ---"- Pain immunity - endurance and/or willpower req. For a energy cost, you are able to recover some pain penalty instantly."
--- End quote ---

Hmm... I wonder if we need some kind of "Exhaustion" meter in a style of "Pain" - it accumulates points, slowly dissipates, and decreases stamina regeneration (and maybe speed\accuracy\etc) - increases when Extreme skills are used.

Adral:

--- Quote from: Igor Savin on January 16, 2007, 11:34 ---"and lets you increase your berserk state when out of the rage, also for an energy cost."

Too powerful.

--- End quote ---
Yeah you are right. I just thought of it and quickly wrote it :P

--- Quote from: Igor Savin on January 16, 2007, 11:34 ---"- Dodge stance - dex req. When you enter dodge stance you have a greater dodge chance but every time you are hit or you would have been hit (so, in fact, every time you get attacked), some amount of energy is consumed."

Some nerfing needed, I think.

--- End quote ---
Yep, but if the energy cost is high enough, it might work. Also note that consumes energy whether you are hit or not.

--- Quote from: Igor Savin on January 16, 2007, 11:34 ---"- Pain immunity - endurance and/or willpower req. For a energy cost, you are able to recover some pain penalty instantly."

Hmm... I wonder if we need some kind of "Exhaustion" meter in a style of "Pain" - it accumulates points, slowly dissipates, and decreases stamina regeneration (and maybe speed\accuracy\etc) - increases when Extreme skills are used.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't thinking of this as an uber-skill. Just that it lets you ignore from 1 to 3 (for instance) pain points penalty for an energy cost.

The Exhaustion gauge might work - higher tier skills might just get some exhaustion. But I'll do it in the style that when you get exhausted, your maximum energy becomes lower, until you slowly regain exhaustion again. What do you think?

Igor Savin:

--- Quote ---"Yep, but if the energy cost is high enough, it might work"
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... Kornel?

--- Quote ---"I wasn't thinking of this as an uber-skill. Just that it lets you ignore from 1 to 3 (for instance) pain points penalty for an energy cost"
--- End quote ---

Generally, Energy is used for running; if you are surrounded, you aren't going to run anyway; so it temporarily makes you immune to pain in dire straits.

On the other hand, it offers a rather curious alternative to running away...

--- Quote ---"But I'll do it in the style that when you get exhausted, your maximum energy becomes lower, until you slowly regain exhaustion again"
--- End quote ---

That sounds reasonable. Do you think that no penalty to regeneration should be applied at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version