Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Endless/Massacre : Request for Ideas

<< < (9/9)

Kornel Kisielewicz:
@Derek
1. Jumping is already in :). I think already Berserk! has the most movement options of all roguelikes. But more "moves" are yet to come! Any ideas BTW are welcome.

2. Yes I agree, and I thought about that too. But somehow I'm not into ideas for that yet... :/ Anyone would like to elaborate on that? I have the idea for bosses, but not for the "events".

3. When I first looked at that point I thought that you wanted to go against what I hold most dear in the game -- the feeling of isolation, but the subsentence "and ultimately get killed" showed me that all is well in the state of Denmark ^_^. Unfortunately the engine is completely unprepared for "fighting" companions -- because of many reasons like the fact that all special abilities of monsters target the player automaticaly etc., but I also had the idea of helpless people in town levels that get completely massacred during the fight no matter how hard you try to save them... Berserkish IMHO. Tough if any of them by any miracle would survive you'd get a bonus (or a stab in the back :P).

@All
If all goes well, RC4 might appear today, so keep your eyes open :).

TFoN:
Character choice as it is usualy done seems very much out of place here, IMO, as the game starts by bluntly pointing out the fact that you are a Berserk!er. But how about making a choice of weapon much like other games would have a choice of class or race?
I thought about this one a while back, and since the character theme here is one of a very straight-forward, single-minded fighter that just screems "screw pickups, I'll bash rocks with my trusty wooden club", why not have char progression depend on a one-time choice of a weapon?
A great-sword's the default, balanced weapon. A great-axe gives massive preference to the Seep Attack skill, while it will be very weak on impaling. A spear(ish) weapon is the opposite, and is great for a jump attack.
If a bashing skill'll be implemented, a maul'd be great for that.
There could also be differences in the ways dexterity and strength effect play with different weapons.

TFoN:
Now that I've played the new version a while:

Foresters seem so out of place! I can only see an odd little ranger waking pleasent (light green?!) guardians of the forest! I really suggest changing the colors (T & F?), and making the names more fitting's IMO also a good idea.

Other than that, all's well:
Scavengers are irritating to fight on blood-drenched ground.
Bulldemons went from bad to worse.
Mandagores kill monsters for me, and since they're so slow, dealing with them without taking damage's often much easier than dealing with what they ate, even if it's just a beast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version