Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Berserk! 0.8 - Release Candidate 3

<< < (2/6) > >>

Kornel Kisielewicz:
@GenTechJ - thank you for the warm words :)

@Spawning - all the monsters have energy, and use that energy to create special effects. In this sense there is a limit to all abilities. Also Wraiths can only spawn skeletons from corpses (which are changed to blood  when that happens) and skeletons don't leave corpses.

@Levels - well, Wraiths and other "high-tech" stuff can appear at night one, only with a small chance. I want it to be so, so players that don't get far still have the "fun" to try out all the baddies :P.

@Mandagores - it isn't that much good as it seems - Mandies only consume monsters if they're low on HP, and in the process gain all their HP -- so you get x points worth of Mandagore health instead for example x points of beast of bulldemon health -- isn't such a great deal :P.

@Bulldemons - I need to find a way to make them unique, for they are the only monsters left (except beasts) that don't have anything special about them... any suggestions?

@Mortem @@ - it realy stinks but it's a limitation of Valkyrie :D - Valkyrie uses @ for escape sequences, so to escape the escape character you need two of those (notice that it is allright on the post mortem screen!).

@Replays - yes, it's your scoreboard, because it's your game running someone elses replay, right?

Andell:
Hello all. I'm new and i like playing Berserk! I think that Kornel Kisielewicz could  give some new features:
  -- More monsters,
  -- A kind of level game ( like in the Sword of the Berserk ),
  -- New terrains,
  -- Bonuses like Healing and Energy potions.

I thought also ( i know it is very hard to do ) but if Kornel could have make graphics to it, it would be very nice, i think.

Andell

Kornel Kisielewicz:

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---Hello all. I'm new and i like playing Berserk! I think that Kornel Kisielewicz could  give some new features:

--- End quote ---
Hello, stay a while and listen :). And while you're at it, please post as much ideas as possible :)

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---  -- More monsters,

--- End quote ---
If you didn't notice -- each RC version of Berserk! brings at least one new monster. And I plan many more ;].

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---  -- A kind of level game ( like in the Sword of the Berserk ),

--- End quote ---
Could you elaborate on that? I do not fully understand what you mean (I only played the Dreamcast version, the PS2 version will have to wait for a hardware upgrade :/).

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---  -- New terrains,

--- End quote ---
Comming ;].

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---  -- Bonuses like Healing and Energy potions.

--- End quote ---
You DO have Fairydust ;]. As for more -- I don't want to go overboard with this, because it might destroy the balance of the game...

--- Quote from: Andell on January 16, 2007, 10:10 ---I thought also ( i know it is very hard to do ) but if Kornel could have make graphics to it, it would be very nice, i think.

--- End quote ---
*evil smile* Keep your eyes open ;>

Adral:
I just tried this new version, and I had like 4 phasehounds on day 1:P I won't post the mortem as I feel ahsamed of living only 2 days - but I'll take a try again when I have some more time and post something :)

--- Quote from: GenTechJ on January 15, 2007, 23:04 ---EDIT: In fact, should I be given the option of what I create for my first exam, my first project will be a Warhammer 40k/Space Hulk RL. Wish me luck all, and some of you (such as Adral) should expect some pvt messages asking about any fluff or backstory I may be missing. :)

--- End quote ---

Good luck with that. And don't be afraid to ask - I'll try to help with whatever I can, for the Holy Emperor of Mankind! :P

vodnyk:
@bulldeamons - some sort of impale maybe?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version