Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 04:12
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Evolustuff (1.0.3)  (Read 31829 times)

singalen

• Supporter
  • Second Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Evolustuff (1.0.2)
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 05:56 »

Tried 1.0.2.
15d15 .1s pistol is no longer sufficient for Hell L6-L7, and for Mount Erebus. Neither is 10d15 .1s N1A1 (thanks nano!) plasma rifle.
It was so BORING to try to take Erebus, given lost souls' bullet resistance. The gun was OK only to kick them out of vision. It took more than a full rifle magazine to take down a single skull, and the rifle needed to recharge afterwards...
Wasting all my cell supply with 9d10 BFG took the skulls' health down to "almost unhurt".
I finally left for Dis.
Whoever is going after me, pump your plasma to the maximum in advance, this might help.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 05:57 by singalen »

GinDiamond

• First Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer-Mancubus, trying to get all Bronze
    • View Profile
    • GinDiamond Stuff
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2013, 18:33 »

Doesn't seem to work in console mode? Doesn't make sense, should be the other way around...
Do not muddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

SPTX

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2013, 04:38 »

I haven't made any advancement in a month, so I may as well post what I've done now.
I fixed most of the broken stuff and made a few improvements.
New DL in the OP.

[1.0.3]
-changed armor/boot durability bonus to be durability max making the durability no longer heal a few percents on kill when the upgrade kicks in but allowing them to be repaired past 100%
-fixed console mode crash on mod loading
-made stuff evolution happen based on an experience threshold (currently at 100xp, expected to change for balance purposes, may become dynamic or dependent)
-fixed stats no longer being granted since last version, including damage types that never worked before
-the additional shots upgrade now asks for confirmation, allowing to skip it
-shot cost reducer now reduces shot cost by 25% instead of just -1
-split the always hit flag in two others that remove range penalty and remove out of vision penalty respectively
-nerfed max explosion radius from 20 to 14
-some upgardes won't go past twice the original item's power, giving more chance to exotics and generally powerful weapons found to still be worth using

VANDAM

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2013, 14:59 »

I haven't made any advancement in a month, so I may as well post what I've done now.
I fixed most of the broken stuff and made a few improvements.
New DL in the OP.

[1.0.3]
-changed armor/boot durability bonus to be durability max making the durability no longer heal a few percents on kill when the upgrade kicks in but allowing them to be repaired past 100%
-fixed console mode crash on mod loading
-made stuff evolution happen based on an experience threshold (currently at 100xp, expected to change for balance purposes, may become dynamic or dependent)
-fixed stats no longer being granted since last version, including damage types that never worked before
-the additional shots upgrade now asks for confirmation, allowing to skip it
-shot cost reducer now reduces shot cost by 25% instead of just -1
-split the always hit flag in two others that remove range penalty and remove out of vision penalty respectively
-nerfed max explosion radius from 20 to 14
-some upgardes won't go past twice the original item's power, giving more chance to exotics and generally powerful weapons found to still be worth using
Only had additional shot upgrade on any weapon on 1.0.3
[16/17] AAo666 left.^W
Deleted and started again.
[4/17] And now I've got AAo666 (hate this challenge very much).

SPTX

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 16:37 »

baaaah silly mistake. I had let some debugging code on.
It should be fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 16:45 by SPTX »

VANDAM

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Evolustuff (1.0.3)
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 17:00 »

and there is no durability_max
also what happened to damage mods?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 17:03 by VANDAM »
[16/17] AAo666 left.^W

SPTX

• Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2013, 02:20 »

the "durability_max" issue as been fixed alongside the debugging code
mods are prevented from spawning in regular maps but still do in scripted maps.

VANDAM

• Elder
  • Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 09:10 »

Now there are too many armor degrading mods and it always repeats piercing or plasma form (had about 10 on one weapon).
[16/17] AAo666 left.^W

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2020, 23:25 »

I just randomly discovered that I had completely overlooked this mod and felt like trying it out.  It's about as silly at the description suggests it is.  :P

I kept my green armour and steel boots I found on level 1 and 2 respectively all the way to the end, and by then, they looked like this:

Spoiler: Armour (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Boots (click to show/hide)

That's from upgrading themselves 1% bonuses at a time, every few kills, and yes, they spontaneously onyx-modded themselves.  :P  (The armour nano-modded itself during Hell's Arena, and the onyx mod came later;  it's also worth noting that before the onyx got applied, it had a max durability of almost 200%)

Right at the very end, I completed tactical armour and boots assemblies, just to see what would happen.  Interestingly, it reset some stats, but not others, like for the armour, it took away the speed boost and bullet/shrapnel resistances, but it kept the knockback resistance, infinite durability, and all other resistances.  Similarly, when I assembled the double chainsaw, it reset the damage and accuracy, but not the upgraded firing speed.

Obviously, the mod is horribly unbalanced, but it was still kind of fun for a time.  :)  I might give it another try to see what other silly things I can do.  :P

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos

Tormuse

• Elder
  • General
  • More Angelic than not
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 00:20 »

I played another game, this time, with a Blademaster build at Nightmare difficulty, and just for "fun," I decided to see if I could get the guaranteed Dragonslayer to spawn, and...  it worked!  :D  (I honestly wasn't sure if it would, tbh)  By the time I had gotten to that point, things were already pretty silly, with my energy shielded vest that had spontaneously onyx-modded itself during the Wall, which had enough resistances to bring everything up to 95% whenever I was berserk...  and I was zipping around so fast, I was pretty much always berserk, even before I had DS.

Just to put things in perspective...  here are my stats from just before the end...

(I'm just imagining Doomguy tearing into all the crowds of monsters Tazmanian Devil style)  :P

Note that that was with my 14d15 Dragonslayer.  :P  I was able to one-shot the Lava Elemental, and gib everything else, including Arch-Viles.  Even the Apostle at the end only took two hits.  (The first hit brought him down to severely wounded)  :P  I'm a little disappointed that this mod doesn't track medals or generated levels, because otherwise, I would've gotten Conqueror.  (I was careful to make sure each of the special levels was cleared before I exited them)

Spoiler: Mortem (click to show/hide)
Apostle Chaos Lt. General (0.9.9.7)
[26/26/26/26/18/9]
Check out my Youtube channel for videos of me playing DRL!  :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXOijubEijdnrOja0kxXTKQ/videos
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All