Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 11:27
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: What's the most out-of-depth item you've found in this game?  (Read 15562 times)

Zeb

• Elder
  • Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most out-of-depth item you've found in this game?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2007, 17:46 »

Double Shotgun level 3, Advanced Double Shotgun Level 4. On Angel of Marksmanship and Berserk respectively.

Anticheese

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2007, 21:03 »

Red armour, level 3 along with an advanced rocket launcher and more than enough ammo in the arena.

Mattimeo78

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 23:05 »

I have been playing DoomRL for only a few days now, having reinstalled it after a lengthy hiatus and I've made quite a few runs. I have found some nice things, and even learned to prefer the Double Shotgun over the Combat Shotgun (I know. Duh. But I liked being able to 'reload' four times before actually taking a whole turn to do so). Only found the BFG9000 once, and nearly obliterated myself in my ignorance of its blast radius. Anyway, I was playing a game and I found a Rocket Launcher on Level 2, about a minute into a new game. Anyone else come across this? Oh, and as for the mocking half of my subject name, I happened to be playing AoMr this game. Ever seem like they wait until you cannot wield any decent weapons to let you into the armory?

As soon as I figure out how to insert images into a post I will edit the image in.
The Rocket Launcher Is A Fancy Gun. My ADD Kicks In. I Point It At Your Skull, Then Realize We Are A Foot Apart. My ADD Kicks In. I Pull The Trigger.

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 23:20 »

The Armory gets about a bajillion times cooler in the beta (and soon-to-come new version), as well as the lowly advanced pistol.  Let's just say that while pistols can be cool with the right traits in the current version, in the beta there are certain spoilies that make advanced weapons totally badass and able to kick the living piss out of anything that gets in your way, and that there are about five of these special items in the Armory.  If you wanna know just HOW badass... well, I took out all the spiders in Spider's Lair without using any of the teleporters with only a single advanced pistol.  It was only on M, and on a version with a slightly freer means to apply said spoilies, but still awesome.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 23:24 by BDR »

Mattimeo78

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 07:57 »

I meant for armory to be taken figuratively. I've never been to the in-game armory. >_< Furthest so far is Phobos level 1... after Phobos level 15, apparently. That confused me quite a bit.
The Rocket Launcher Is A Fancy Gun. My ADD Kicks In. I Point It At Your Skull, Then Realize We Are A Foot Apart. My ADD Kicks In. I Pull The Trigger.

Psion

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 19:09 »

I thought the BFG doesn't hurt you if you get caught in the blast.  I do that just about everytime I fire it now that I think about it.

BDR

• Elder
  • Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 19:57 »

Matt: That's because it's Phobos HELL level 1. :P

Psion: You're quite right that it only hurts monsters (and IIRC doesn't destroy walls either unless you're firing an overloaded one), which is why it's such a good weapon.

Mattimeo78

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2007, 22:13 »

It must have been the two surviving Barons who returned fire just after my shot from the BFG9000 that had put my health down, then. Either way, it was a pretty sketchy situation. As for the Phobos Hell Levels, thanks for the update, BDR. I have a question, and I know it is way off-topic, but I did not want to post another thread in case it has been brought up before (searching for such information turned up nothing), but, how do you reload your second pistol when using dual gunner?

Edit: Figures. Just as I decide to ask this question I realize that someone else has more or less asked the exact same question in the more or less exact same thread that I could more or less not exactly find earlier. More or less exactly.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 22:16 by Mattimeo78 »

arch_8ngel

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2007, 02:11 »

matt:  (just in case anyone finds this before they find the answer somewhere else) - use special reload, "R", to reload both pistols at once.
         I wasted a handful of AoM games carrying a dozen full pistols in my backpack to switch to before I figured that out...MUCH easier now.

on topic:   I found a plasma rifle sitting in LvL 3 yesterday.  I was playing on "Hurt Me Plenty" though, so that probably skewed the item generation.
               Incidentally, it didn't matter because...I was playing on AoM (I did manage to whip Hell's Arena though, with two guns blazing).

Potman

• Major
    • View Profile

Red armour, level 3 along with an advanced rocket launcher and more than enough ammo in the arena.
Ha! I found red armor and a rocket launcher on level 2 just now!

Commkeen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 14:53 »

There is a thermonuclear bomb lying here.                                     
 Screenshot created. There is a thermonuclear bomb lying here.                 
    ############################################################               
    #.........#.............................................#...               
  ..#0......../...............................................####+####         
  ..#....%....#...............................................#...&}..#         
 #..#.........###########/#######+###########/##########......;..&.[..#         
 #..#.........#.................#...............................@.....#         
 #..#.....0...#......%%.........#..............................########         
 #..+........>#.................#...................................           
 #..#.........#.................#............................#..###+#           
 #..#.........#.................#...0.......................#========           
 #..#.........#.................#%................0.........#=========         
 #..#........0/..................%%%......................../=========         
 #..#.........###############/###############################=========         
 #..#.........#.../..................%..........             ========           
 #..#.........#...#.............................             ========           
 #..#.........#...#.................0..........               ======           
 #..#.........#...#.0..........................                =====           
 #../.........#...#................0..........                 ====             
 #..#.........#...#...........................                  ==             
 ############################################                                   
 Doomguy                Armor : green armor [1/1] (65%)  Phobos Base  Lev5 
 Health: 100% Exp:  3/70%   Weapon: chaingun (1d6)x5 [39/50]                   
 aggressive                                                                     

This was pretty surprising, especially since it's the second nuke i've ever found in the game.  Oh, and that's an RL in the corner.

Commkeen

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 13:50 »

I was on NTR.  Too bad I died on Chained Court after finding this stuff cause I wasnt paying attention to my health while walking on lava...

Dervis

• Nightmare Berserker
  • Elder
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 02:51 »

2 Plasma Rifles, 1 Plasma Cell, 1 Red Armor + 2 Invulnerability Globes on 2! vaults on dlvl2. Hurray for AoMr Challenge!!1!

ParaSait

• Baffen :P
  • Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Happy Little Boozer
    • View Profile
    • MPSF
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 11:56 »

Just found a red armor on lvl 2 =)
[18|7|3|0|0|0] [MED:13/43] [SPE:36/67] [ASM:11/40]

Check out my epic youtube channel!
Currently playing The Bard's Tale and System Shock 2 (coop with GrAV1t)!

nerdatron

• Private FC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2008, 17:24 »

I found a plasma rifle and a Necroarmor (!!!) on level 2 of a UV game once.

That armor (and that marine) were unfortunately torn apart by the Angel of Death - berserk just did not kick in that game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All