General > Discussion

I don't want to lose my diamonds

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sereg:
I've been transferring my player file for as long as I've been playing... probably 992 or so?

So yeah, it's definitely possible. Some of the better players here seem to like to start over with each new version, but some of my bronze badges were thanks to luck, to say nothing of my (very few) golds and platinums - restarting is not something that appeals to me.

I figure, as long as the player file remains backwards compatible, I'm gonna keep using it =P

Trar:

--- Quote from: Sereg on May 15, 2013, 15:40 ---I figure, as long as the player file remains backwards compatible, I'm gonna keep using it =P

--- End quote ---

thelaptop:
Well, the files are always readable in newer versions of DoomRL.  Some of us reset only because the conditions for some of the badges have changed in spirit due to game engine changes and the like.

Sereg:
Yeah... like how I have Pacifism Gold without a Compet-n Platinum Cross, or Armorer Gold without Dragonslayer.

Dragonslayer remains to be seen, but I would like that extra medal, so I'll probably knock that AoPc speedrun out at some point. My rank doesn't hinge on those two badges anymore, however, so it's not an urgent priority.

Still, if changes are made to AoOC games or Dual Angels in such a way that render most of my higher badges out of reach, I can't see myself being too keen on starting over, since I'll likely never earn this many Plats and Diamonds without the current methods. I might just keep playing 997 if that happens, lol.

Klear:

--- Quote from: Sereg on June 04, 2013, 21:42 ---Still, if changes are made to AoOC games or Dual Angels in such a way that render most of my higher badges out of reach, I can't see myself being too keen on starting over, since I'll likely never earn this many Plats and Diamonds without the current methods. I might just keep playing 997 if that happens, lol.

--- End quote ---

That's the reason why I rather don't abuse these... I see it as only a temporary solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version