Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 18:59
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nanomachic rocket launcher + Shottyman eats 1 [magazine?] of ammo  (Read 3911 times)

Fusilliban

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

After seeing how much fun it was, I made a nanomach napalm launcher.  I equipped it as soon as I made it and headed off into the great black yonder to wreak havoc with it.  Shottyman put a rocket in it.  I did not test nanomach rocket/missile launchers, but I'd bet a dollar that it works there too, and a second dollar that a nanomach missile launcher eats 4 rockets regardless of how loaded it was pre-assembly.

This only happened once, it doesn't chew through my rockets or anything, and 1 rocket for infinity rockets is a trade I'm happy to make.  But it feels unintentional and so I report it.

Kornel &c, please let me know if this and my other report are too minor and you'd rather not get stuff like this.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 20:24 by Fusilliban »

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile

Nah, there's no such thing as a "too minor bug report" -- bugs are bugs.  Sometimes it's the small things that evade the testing phase because most of the testers have played the game so many times that they don't really see small issues any more.

As for Shottyman loading a Nanomachic-weapon... interesting.  I think I know what's going on, but we'll have to see how Kornel wants to interpret/fix that.
I computed, therefore I was.

GinDiamond

• First Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer-Mancubus, trying to get all Bronze
    • View Profile
    • GinDiamond Stuff

nanomachic? Is that a new assembly? We need the assembly wiki page updated...
Do not muddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile

Nanomachic = Nanomanufacture ammo (non-shotgun/non-bfg B3N1)

It's referred to nanomachic because it names weapons as such when you complete the assembly.
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Fusilliban

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

As for Shottyman loading a Nanomachic-weapon... interesting.  I think I know what's going on, but we'll have to see how Kornel wants to interpret/fix that.

My assumption was that you had wrappers of if (!nanomach) { ... } around the enough-ammo check, the subtract-ammo, and command.reload(), and that Shottyman bypasses command.reload() and does some lower level stuff.  And that for some reason, nanomach stuff has current_ammo set to 0 on assembly.

That's what it feels like, anyway.  If I manage to assemble a nanomach rocket/missile launcher, or a nano-shrapnel anything, with Shottyman, I'll be sure to take notes.  (Which might happen, I am trying AoSh again, which I am embarrassingly bad at.)

Nick

• First Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile

This is fixed in repo.  Shottyman won't reload weapons that self-charge or don't use ammo at all as of next version.
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17

Rabinowitz

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile

The N-modified missile launcher also reloads from Shottyman and eats rockets from inventory.
Yellow Man has non-zero weight.
Pages: [1]