Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Berserk! branch

<< < (2/2)

Igor Savin:

--- Quote ---Tester a'hoy, then :P
--- End quote ---

Good, good...

--- Quote ---That's too casual, plus it doesn't work out very well with the no-restrictions "berserking" theme.
--- End quote ---

It's supposed to be out of theme; everyone who dislikes the feature can turn it off.

And let's not forget that Guts has very special armour... So we can attach certain abilities to the armour used - as an example, no Berserk if not in Berserk Armour etc.

I'll decrease the priority for this one, though.

--- Quote ---Various boots and gloves maybe, and magical shirts/pants/kimonos
--- End quote ---

OK, I'll add it to the list.

--- Quote ---I also suggest scroll magic. No complicated spell magic for the berserker, just collectable conjurations for those dangerous spots.
--- End quote ---

Note taken.

--- Quote ---Woah Igor, seems you're not wasting time
--- End quote ---

Only time (heh) will tell.

--- Quote ---there are still many major refactorings coming up
--- End quote ---

I barely resist temptation to refactor everything according to my own tastes and habits anyway :). I'll try to stay as modular as possible, to be able to integrate your changes as painlessly as possible... But it'll be a careful handwork anyway.

--- Quote ---Second thing -- Campaign mode, and probably Difficulty levels will also be in the main branch.
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... then maybe I will postpone large-scale difficulty implementation (something simple will be implemented, though, otherwise it'd be hell balancing everything that is going to be thrown in).

Campaign... Then I'll stay away from "traditional" one for now.

Kornel Kisielewicz:
What would you refactor? (asking out of curiosity) Most things in the source have a strong reason behind them (some tough are pending refactoring).

TFoN:

--- Quote ---And let's not forget that Guts has very special armour... So we can attach certain abilities to the armour used - as an example, no Berserk if not in Berserk Armour etc.
--- End quote ---
As I've said before, I haven't yet had a chance to watch it, so there's a good chance things I say will make sense only as an out-siders POV, so to speak.
But I'll wiki this right now, so I'll be a little more on top of things.

EDIT: I read the article about the Berserker's Armor. That explains alot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version