Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 11:45
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Whilst this may seem like a pointless post.....  (Read 3805 times)

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Whilst this may seem like a pointless post.....
« on: June 29, 2013, 07:31 »

Make thingy GO!

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Whilst this may seem like a pointless post.....
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 07:37 »

Insert all non-balance related issues HERE!

Plus anything that's incredibly easy to add into DoomRL that doesn't take heaps of time or effort. Suggestions, maybe.

But for those that have an idea behind the basic engine, etc, of DoomRL, and just really-really easy yet very cool ideas for 0.9.9.8 or even 0.9.9.9 beta 2, chuck 'em in here.

Balance? Yep. As long as it's not horribly long, tedious and game destroying for the devs to chuck in the game. There's a certain amount of "goodness" to this thread. Don't make it complicated.

Easy. Good. Ideas.

That is all.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:41 by Sambojin »

Sereg

• Chaos Acolyte
  • Greater Elder
  • Brigadier General
  • Angel of Overconfidence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 08:02 »

Non-balance related?

Ok - how about changing Angel of Shotgunnery to something more consistent with the other angel names? My first thought would be Angel of Shrapnel, since it both makes sense and doesn't require changing any abbreviations.
[26|22|23|15|15|2]
Cyberdemon Chaos Colonel

Medals - DRL 27/43 | XA 16/31

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 15:51 »

Procrastinate in releasing 0.9.9.8 builds. Instead, spend more time thinking about what to release for 0.9.9.8

Non-balance related?

Ok - how about changing Angel of Shotgunnery to something more consistent with the other angel names? My first thought would be Angel of Shrapnel, since it both makes sense and doesn't require changing any abbreviations.

Angel of Boomstick.
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 22:26 »

But you don't want to exactly say "Look at MAD, just look at it!", otherwise I'd be fully in favour of Angel of Boomstick. And I'm sure shotgunnery is a word, and if it's not, it is now. At least in reference to DoomRL. That's computer games for ya. I know what ITYTD means, but a lot of the real world doesn't.

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 22:42 »

Although, in that frame of reference, I'd love Ag mods to reduce drop-off by 1% on shotguns. And sniper mods to put them in the next narrower spread category (with combat-shotty spread being turned to bullet-style targetting, or rail-gun-like but with drop-off). The first one's easy, the second is fiddly.

The first one is also probably over-powered. An extra 1-4 squares of scouting range is pretty massive, the extra damage is also a huge bonus. Fairly situational (needs a big room or corridor to really shine), but still very handy.

The second is simply so a gun can be modded. A (9d3)x2 DB-shotty with less spread isn't really that good, neither's a single-fire with a CS's fire cone. A CS or AS with a bullet-fire or rail-gun-fire-with-drop-off might be pretty sweet though. It just feels stupid dumping an S-mod because you're not a whizz-kid. Any better suggestions?

Klear

• Elder
  • Lieutenant General
  • Twisted passages carry the smell of dapperness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 01:53 »

The second is simply so a gun can be modded. A (9d3)x2 DB-shotty with less spread isn't really that good, neither's a single-fire with a CS's fire cone. A CS or AS with a bullet-fire or rail-gun-fire-with-drop-off might be pretty sweet though. It just feels stupid dumping an S-mod because you're not a whizz-kid. Any better suggestions?

You actually can make a plasmatic shrapnel even without WK... And not all mods are supposed to be useful for every build.
Arch-Vile Mjr General [24/19/18/8/2] (0.9.9.7)

Quote from: thelaptop
Dude... we need to change your forum handle from "Klear" to "Klear Nukem".

White Rider

• Elder
  • Captain
  • Doesn't play much
    • View Profile
    • My Steam Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 10:46 »

But you don't want to exactly say "Look at MAD, just look at it!", otherwise I'd be fully in favour of Angel of Boomstick.

Bullet Dance doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Marksmanship.
It's more of a Sharpshooter game, but it doesn't stop people from playing Gun Kata or Bullet Dance or hell, even Dualgunner Cateye (which supposedly works really well but I have never had any success with it).
0.9.9.6: 10d 15h Arch-Vile Major; 6/6/2012 - 3/15/2013
0.9.9.7: 12d 9h Cyberdemon Br. General; 3/19/2013 - ?
V: 31 (5P 17S 9F) M: 32 I: 66 A: 40 | 26 24 19 8 1 0

Sambojin

• First Lieutenant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2013, 22:10 »

I would have thought both MAD and Angel of Boomstick would have been a big reference to Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness. The other shotgun masters are just as viable for the challenge, but without the double referencing. Not that it's exactly a bad thing though.

Bullet dance? I've always taken it as an anime or John Woo reference, maybe with a bit of Matrix or Kill Bill (?) mixed in. I'm sure there was something that had "bullet dance" in it, either in the script or somewhere in director interviews. But Angel of Marksmenship is what it says. So's Angel of Shotgunnery. It may not be a word, but it's what it says on the tin.

Still, it'd be an easy change. Just it would suck having to learn another forum acronym. AoBo? What's that? Oh, you mean AoSh..... Ok. Cool.

Where is bullet dance from?
Pages: [1]