Other Roguelikes > Berserk!

Colors and atmosphere in Berserk!

<< < (2/3) > >>

Blade:
Mmmmmm.... Fruit saaalaaad!... Sounds great...

To the point - it's good. For me this funny light green Foresters not becomes less serious if they are light green, not bloody red.

TFoN:

--- Quote from: Kornel Kisielewicz on January 25, 2007, 10:35 ---TFoN, you've got many good points. And I think I have an idea for a compromise -- The standard colors would be dark, and I'd leave a option in the ini-file for "fruitsalad" coloring. This way anyone who doesn't care for the mood could turn on the fruit salad set of colors... how does that sound?

--- End quote ---

Sounds good. Though I'm all for a real terror of a game, I recognize that might not be the same for everyone ^^

Nentator-H:
crap...i've really got to go but had this idea,you know for those special,powerful scary monsters that the player should take one look at and go "I've just soiled myself"..how hard would it be to code in this......
......'Z' is thudding towards the pc,in each space adjacent to 'Z' it is lit up a different colour...
                      .  .  .
                      .  z  .[so pc sees a powerful nme getting closer easily and]
                      .  .  . [it would add to the atmosphere alot for that nme?]

TFoN:
I'm not sure I understand, will those surrounding colours be changing as he moves, or will there be one colour per adjacent space?

Nentator-H:
I guess it depends,it does'nt really matter...just that where ever it moves the adjacent tiles change colour,say its a greater demon of demonical fire,a dweller of the 666 depths of fiery dimensions,all the surronding tiles could be red whereever it moves(a random mix of red & orange would be better)...maybe if it passes by a tree the tree gets all burnt up,hey,and due to the extreame heat it could give pc a negative attribute,or make him thirsty!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version