Chaosforge Forum

• April 18, 2024, 11:22
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [0.9.9.7|console|WinXP] Whirlwind bugs  (Read 2496 times)

Rabinowitz

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Lance Corporal
    • View Profile
[0.9.9.7|console|WinXP] Whirlwind bugs
« on: July 12, 2013, 18:25 »

1. First bug cannot ever occured in regular game, because the only pre-generated level where you can stand on very board of area is the Phobos Base Entry, and game engine prevents you to reach the board on every other level, and dlevel of item with Whilrwind is 16.

If you stand in any corner or on the very bottom of the map  and activate Whirlwind, you'll get error "Access violation" in the error.log .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Obviously, area of attack isnt checker for valid coordinates.

2. Description of whirlwind attack in the wiki states:
Whirlwind requires that the player's tactics are cautious, and it tires the player out. Attacking with whirlwind gives the player a normal melee attack against each of the eight surrounding spaces. The total time cost is the cost of 8 melee attacks minus 5.0s.

Since 0.9.9.5 the flag ALT_WHIRLWIND was removed, and items that had this flag in .altfire, now have ALT_SCRIPT parameter. so i create a module and modified altfire script to check this statement:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, I discovered, that Whrilwind ALWAYS  takes 3.0s, regardless of points in Finesse trait, being berserked, Blademaster trait, or Scout class selected.

3. Obvious bug/exploit: I can spawn both unspeakable items in modules, whether to precreate it in inventory, spawn to floor or get trhough RNG (raising weight and decreasing dlevel).

Yellow Man has non-zero weight.

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.9.7|console|WinXP] Whirlwind bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 19:50 »

Fixed issues 1 and 2.

Regarding #2: It will take at least 0.8s to perform the whirlwind no matter how many bonuses can be stacked up.  This could be changed later.
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17
Pages: [1]