Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 19:10
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fireproof * assemblies correction  (Read 4153 times)

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
Fireproof * assemblies correction
« on: July 16, 2013, 07:36 »

The fireproof assemblies are quite weak (30% fire resistance is just barely better than a red armor, and in addition you get -30% melee), and to add insult to injury; they don't even keep the bulk mod effect once assembled.
This doesn't exactly count for the boots - though it seems annoying that they lose the bulk mod, and I say 'seems' because I wouldn't dream of blowing the mods on them.

So while the boots could keep the status quo (though 125/150% durability might be nice) - the fireproof armor assembly really should just keep its 200% durability from the bulk pack.
Unless all balance is based on something like Ao100 where you're guaranteed to pick up a lot of mods even if you aren't killing anything, which is kind of a bad balancing point.

2birds1stone

• Platinum Supporter
  • Alpha Supporter
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Fireproof * assemblies correction
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2013, 08:12 »

30% fire resistance is just barely better than a red armor
So you mod the red armour for 55%.

A lot of assemblies that apply to multiple items are only really worth using on one specific item; singling out fireproof strikes me as an odd one.

Bloax

• Sergeant Major
  • Ohohoh! Here it comes! Here comes the night train!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 05:36 »

The only reason I'm even mentioning this here is because it's rather silly for this assembly to throw out the bulk mod you used on it.

Because you could've just used the bulk mod to make that red armor last twice as long. Which seems more worthwhile unless I for some reason have a much better armor lying around.

2birds1stone

• Platinum Supporter
  • Alpha Supporter
  • Sergeant
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 21:04 »

The only reason I'm even mentioning this here is because it's rather silly for this assembly to throw out the bulk mod you used on it.

Because you could've just used the bulk mod to make that red armor last twice as long. Which seems more worthwhile unless I for some reason have a much better armor lying around.
Were B-modded red armour to keep its high durability when modded into fireproof, it would by the same token have to keep its low durability if you modded it while damaged. I love being able to slap a T-mod on my B-modded-but-heavily-damaged red armour to restore its durability, and I'm not sure I want to lose this.

Also, bear in mind that fireproof red armour will last longer than regular red armour because of how durability works (armour loses durability equal to hitpoints lost from an attack).

But yeah, I also see where you're coming from, I typically (if possible) like to have red nanofiber as my main armour, and switch to fireproof for certain circumstances (mancubus complex, Tower of Babel, etc.).

AlterAsc

• Supporter
  • Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 15:34 »

You don't throw B-mod away.
First you use unmodded red, then you add +100% from B mod, use it until it nearly breakes and then you assemble fireproof and once again you have 100% armor. 300% of protection for BT price. Not bad.
(0.9.9.6 - ?) Arch-Vile Chaos Lt. Colonel [26|20|18|16|12|2]
Pages: [1]