Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 01:53
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: cerberus Cybernetic Armor [2/2] (100%) (P) + cerberus plasteel boots  (Read 5508 times)

Zoli

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
-- Resistances -----------------------------------------------

Bullet     - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 0%   
    Melee      - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 0%   
    Shrapnel   - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 0%   
    Acid       - internal 0%    torso 70%   feet 100%
    Fire       - internal 0%    torso 70%   feet 100%
    Plasma     - internal 0%    torso 50%   feet 0% 

I justed finished Angel of 100 with these sweet Assembled armor and boots.
I'm always make cerberus boots as soon as I can. The hazardous terrain killed me too many times in my early games to learn that it's a must have equipment. In this game, I made it on level 16.
On level 19 I found the Cybernetic Armor, and when I saw it's fully moddable by Technicians, so by me, I decided to make the best mod for it. I already had Whizkid level 2, so I had two options to think about. Waiting for Onix and Nano mod pack, so I can make a Cybernano Cybernetic Armor with a sick 11 Protection and Infinite Durability, or make a cerberus Cybernetic Armor immediately with sick Resistances. I made the latter, then I have shocked. The 7 Protection of the Cybernetic Armor has gone, so I had an armor with 0 Protection, and I couldn't unequip it by any means. Luckily I could add one more mod pack, so I gave it some Power. 2 Protection. More than nothing. But I thought with this armor I will never reach even the level 30.
Surprisingly on the next few levels I hardly took damage. And it continued for the later levels too, and when I killed my first Cyberdemon without a scratch, I knew nothing can stop me now. I became the cybernetic Cerberus of the Hell!
A lucky drop on level 19, some Whiz, and I became practically invincible for the next 81 levels. The only thing I regret, that I haven't tried Angel of 666 instead.
So what do you think? Is it ok to give so much power for the Technician?

Juice

• Elder
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile

Well, I wouldn't say it's too much power, Cybernetic Armor is really rare find, even rarer to build it into cybernano...

I personally prefer speed over res on my boots, so i go for tactical boots/antigrav boots instead. And if we're talking ideal armor, I'd go for Inquisitors set instead of Cybernano Cybernetic... But I can agree that your build makes it pretty easy as well.

PS. Arch666 is MUCH less fun than Ao100 :-)
[25|22|20|15|5|0]
Cyberdemon General

Zoli

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Code: [Select]
-- History ---------------------------------------------------

On level 12 he found the Revenant's Launcher!
  On level 14 he assembled a storm bolter pistol!
  On level 16 he assembled a cerberus boots!
  On level 17 he found the Malek's Armor!
  On level 19 he found the Cybernetic Armor!
  On level 19 he assembled a cerberus armor!
  On level 20 he encountered an armed nuke!
  On level 21 he stumbled into a complex full of mancubi!
  On level 31 he stumbled into a nightmare demon cave!
  On level 33 he encountered an armed nuke!
  Level 36 blasted him with an unholy atmosphere!
  On level 36 he found the Jackhammer!
  On level 38 he found the Nyarlaptotep's Boots!

Unfortunately it was too late for the Inquisitor. :)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

Purely looking at stats, the Cerberus Cybernetic Armor is actually worse than a Cerberus Green: for Cerberus, protection is set to 0, Fire and Acid res to 70, Plasma res to 50, Speed to -30% and Knockback to -30%. Durability, Melee res, Bullet res and Shrapnel res remain the same as the original armor had.

A green armor has Bullet and Shrapnel res 15%, and all other traits - same as with Cybernetic - are reset to the Cerberus defaults. The only thing the Cybernetic could have going to its advantage is the fact that it's indestructible, although I don't know if this carries over to the Cerberus assembly (I think it does, though).

Since the Cybernetic is also a rare item, I wouldn't say this is handing out too much power. You were lucky that it dropped on your Tech build, but as pointed out the benefits it has opposed to a common green armor are pretty negligible (and fully so if you're style of play is avoiding to get hit).
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

Zoli

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Cerberus Cybernetic is worse than Cerberus Green?
Cybernetic brings its 50% Melee, Bullet and Shrapnel Resistances and the indestructibility, while Green only brings its 15% Bullet and Shrapnel Resistances. And all the other stats are the same, because of the Cerberus. So it's not clear for me how can be the Cerberus Green better than the Cerberus Cybernetic.

wheals

• Supporter
  • Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

He might mean that it would give you such a huge move speed penalty that the extra "resistance to formers" would not be worth it, especially since enemies using shrapnel and bullets are pretty rare later on. Remember, Cybernetic Armor has a base -30% move speed and cerberus makes that worse.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

Cybernetic brings its 50% Melee, Bullet and Shrapnel Resistances

Hmm, it appears you're right. Must have been looking at the wrong source (the 0996 stats possibly). In that case, yeah a cybernetic still beats a green for a Cerberus assembly.
It's still rare enough not to worry for it to be overpowered, though.

Cybernetic Armor has a base -30% move speed and cerberus makes that worse.

Not sure bout that one, I think the assembly sets move speed to -30% instead of applying -30% to the original armor's modifier.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 23:48 by LuckyDee »

Zoli

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Yeah, it remains the same. But you are right, maybe those physical resistances don't worth it, especially because you can't change it, when you find a better armor.

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

Personally, I never bother with a cerberus armor anyway. I like the boots for A100 - for the same reasons as you do - but even then I keep another set of boots handy. The -60% move speed the set gives really does not suit my style of play. The same goes for the cybernetic armor; the 7 protection sounds really awesome, but having a good chance at not getting hit at all sounds even better to me.

Zoli

• Private FC
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

I have never tried speed oriented character, so I simply can't imagine how can you dodge dozens of fireballs and rockets, but maybe I will try to make one next time. :)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries

I simply can't imagine how can you dodge dozens of fireballs and rockets

Well, you can't D: But it does make it a lot easier to outrun your enemies and pick a tactical position to retaliate (or wait until they step into your vision, shoot, retreat, repeat).

Fusilliban

• Lance Corporal
  • Lost Soul
    • View Profile

Cybernetic is good, but you're better off doing this with duelist armor, which doesn't require Technician and can be taken off.  The best choice is Gothic, which has the same set of 50% resistances the others do, but has double durability.

Onyx is also a solid choice if you find yourself on the sort of 100/666 run that allows you to mod things other than "hey, I found one of these, going for it."

GinDiamond

• First Sergeant
  • Warrant Officer-Mancubus, trying to get all Bronze
    • View Profile
    • GinDiamond Stuff

Cybernetic armor? I rarely ever don Cybernetic. I don't like the cursed state it has, and it has a sucky 30% move speed reduction :-(.

I've tried Cerberus armor once, but I really don't care for the 0 protection. Its GREAT against stuff like plasma and acid, but other than that, I'd rather use something like cybernano armor.

As for boots, I usually pray for the Inquisitors set or even the Phaseshift set (you can exploit the latter by onyx-modding the armor, so you are pretty much invincible to the elements).

Antigrav phaseshift boots, A modded, AND with a P or A modded cybernano phaseshift armor? Thats called the Boss Set.
Do not muddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Pages: [1]