DoomRL > Discussion

DoomRL Arsenal - Beta 6 out now

(1/9) > >>

Yholl:
Hey there guys, I've finally gotten around to releasing a DoomRL mod for ZDoom, a sourceport for the original Doom games. There's no leveling system, just the classes, weaponry, armor, boots, set bonuses and the amazing modpacks. There's also a WIP monsterpack you can use as well. Check out the link below to read about the details of the mod, just so I don't have to write up everything again.

Current version - Beta 6
ZDoom Thread

Please share with me your thoughts and questions, and I'll do my best to answer them. :)
Just remember that it is not an exact copy of DoomRL stuff, many things are different because of the difference in gametypes and/or because I am a benevolent dictator.

thelaptop:
A 3D FPS clone of a rogue-like based on an iconic 3D FPS?

Sir, my mind is blown!

I'll check it out tomorrow... gotta get some sleep now.  Oh and welcome to the forums!  =)

ParaSait:
Whoa does this mod somehow blend its content into the main Doom campaign? If so that'd be pretty dang sweet.

Yholl:

--- Quote from: thelaptop on August 16, 2013, 10:54 ---A 3D FPS clone of a rogue-like based on an iconic 3D FPS?

Sir, my mind is blown!

I'll check it out tomorrow... gotta get some sleep now.  Oh and welcome to the forums!  =)

--- End quote ---

Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it! :)

--- Quote from: ParaSait on August 16, 2013, 21:54 ---Whoa does this mod somehow blend its content into the main Doom campaign? If so that'd be pretty dang sweet.

--- End quote ---

Yup, play as one of four classes and go forth through any Doom maps you want with the DoomRL weapons, exotics, uniques, assemblies and modpacks. It really shines in coop 32-map megawads, where you have something to keep looking for, rather than just finding the BFG9000. (The fourth class is just one without any traits or bonuses.)

EDIT: Man, I'm not getting much feedback at all in either thread. Or maybe I'm just impatient. I dunno.

Klear:
Nice! I have to check it out...

Maybe it could be combined with this: http://forum.chaosforge.org/index.php/topic,5092.30.html

It's a work in progress, though, and I haven't touched it for a very long time now, unfortunately.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version