General > Off Topic

MUDs

(1/3) > >>

Supernaut:
About text based Multi User Dimensions or in english - text based, multiplayer rpgs.

Do you like playing them? Did you try some of them and found it fun, but not exactly your taste or do you think they are just a bullshit, not worth anyone's attention?

Anticheese:
I like playing them.

I figure that they are like roguelikes in many ways - Most are free, have no graphical interface and offer a great depth of gameplay.

I occasionally drop into the "Iron Realms" muds (http://www.ironrealms.com/) and a few others but I'm open to suggestions.

Malek Deneith:
I did play them some time a go - the one MUD that was most fitting for me was Nodeka... Perhaps I'll start playing them again sometime.

Supernaut:
One thing that I find a little bit sad is that many MUDs have no Roleplaying factor. That's bad IMO really bad, because such a MUD isn't really better than any other graphical MMORPG, even more, it is worse, as it has no graphics.

Fortunatly Iron Realms's Achaea demands from players role-playing factor.

Supernaut:

--- Quote from: Malek on January 27, 2007, 15:24 ---I did play them some time a go - the one MUD that was most fitting for me was Nodeka... Perhaps I'll start playing them again sometime.

--- End quote ---
This one is very gameplay based. It is like a MMORPG in a Mud world. I'm checking it out, but right now it seems too much "pure gameplay" based. MUDs aren't  FPS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version