Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 11:14
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling  (Read 17551 times)

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling
« on: September 22, 2013, 07:15 »

Prologue - Pick up my sword, it's time to do business

You meet in a tavern over a frosty mug of ale...

... oh how you wish it were that simple. Instead you wake up in what seems a small clerical station, to memories of being beat up by a bunch of thugs, and feeling of whacked heads. Thankfully you don't seem to find any permanent damage - ah the wonders of clerical healing: they take away hurt, leave the pain. There is an acolyte in the room that you are stationed in but it seems he didn't notice you two waking up yet - he seems to be more preoccupied with person lain on the third sickbed. Judging the nonsense the last person seems to be spounting - you catch something about dungeons made of solid gold and guarded by three headed firebreathing ogres - he must have been hit on the head harder than you were, but oddly enough the acolyte seems to be intent on writing down his feverish raving.

Spoiler: "GM Notes" (click to show/hide)
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 09:34 »

...Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwkay... No idea of where I am, can only trust I've been in good hands over the last - what, hours? Days? Hoping against hope these bastards didn't nick all my stuff, or at least not the most important bits. Ezmuth had better have defended those with his life, although I'm not putting any money on it...

Gard is feeling a little peckish, probably, but isn't going to let that distract him. Needing a moment to get his bearings, he decides he might as well spend it useful and listen to what's being said further down the room.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 12:00 by LuckyDee »
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 01:23 »

Groggy, Jasper raised himself from the bed. A light touch of his head sends a sharp lance of pain through him, though it quickly dulls. 'Least I appear to be in good care. Slowly he glances about in attempt to locate his belongings, taking note of the robed figure standing next to one of the other beds and the black-skinned elf laying on another.
*psst* "Oi... dark skin. You up?"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 18:59 by S.K. Ren »
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 10:42 »

Gard tries to listen in to what's happening at third bed but it seems the man in it seems to be coming out of his dreams or hallucinations, whichever they might be - all the elf manages to overhear is his last mumble, something along the lines of "Dead, all dead..."

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2013, 12:09 »

Gard, not quite expecting the hushed question, takes a moment to let it sink in. When it has, he replies in the same semi-whisper, "Haven't decided yet. You?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:28 »

Oh, he's trying to be clever. "Yeah, I think I am. Oi! Cleric!" the Gnome Titan shouted to his immediate regret. Concussions and loud noises mix poorly.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2013, 02:09 »

"Nnnghrnh..." Gard replies to the shout, wincing. He opens his eyes carefully, and when no more sudden noise presents itself, risks looking around.

"Ezmuth?" he asks, half mumbling. Then, just loud enough to try and exert some authority "Ezmuth! Haul your miserable self over here and get me something to eat!"

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2013, 05:56 »

The cleric straightens up hearing voice calling him out from behind. He quickly rolls the scroll he was writing on and puts in a pocket of his robe before standing up and turning towards you.
- "Ah, you have awoken. Well then, now that all of you a... re..." - he pauses and glances at the figure on bed he was sitting near - "...excuse me for a moment."
Acolyte quickly walks up to one of two cupboard standing near the opposite wall, opens it up and takes out a waterskin out from it. Without missing a beat he walks back up to the bed, and splashes large amount of water from the waterskin on face of the third patient. Loud scream of protest and coughing announce that the last person in room came to, as the cleric turns back to Gard and Jasper.
- "As I was saying now that all of you, including Mr. Wu have awoken I'd like to welcome you to this humble abode. Father Johnson told me to bring you three to him once you wake up - I'm sure he can answer all questions you might have. Your clothes are in the other cupboard. Please change into them - I'll wait outside of the room to guide you once you're done." - with that he starts walking towards the door.

Spoiler: "GM Notes" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2013, 07:59 »

Gard, while carefully getting up, takes a moment to inspect himself for gaping wounds and missing limbs. Provided the counter remains at zero, he goes over to the cupboard the acolyte indicated and goes through his belongings, taking stock.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2013, 15:52 »

Finding his personal belongings took little time and even less to strap on his Broadsword and Mask. With the rest of his gear equipped and stowed Jasper took off to join the cleric, eager to ditch the Drow and delusional Human.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 13:29 by S.K. Ren »

shark20061

• Programmer
  • Elder Chaos Guard
  • Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2013, 19:45 »

Still groggy and confused, Sho slowly gets up, his face completely drenched.

He goes to the cupboard and collects his things, puts his clothes on, and tries to catch up to the rest of the group.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hell Knight Warrant Officer (0.9.9.4)  [26!/8/3/1/0]

Mancubus 2nd Lieutenant (0.9.9.6)  [22/12/3/0/0]
M:16 S:43 (126) A:17

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 08:06 »

You open the cupboard to find your clothes safe - and in Sho Lee's case even fixed. In addition the clerics seem to be accustomed to paranoid patients and managed to fit your backpacks and also - with great difficulty - your weaponry. Alarmingly you don't see your mules or the goods they were carrying inside. You can only hope they are stored elsewhere like, for example, a stable.

Dressed and equipped you step outside of the room and find the cleric who took care of you waiting. He leads you on a short trip to corridors, then up the stairs. In there you enter another corridor with doors on both sides - most likely living quarters for local clergy. In distance a trio of people - two humans and a dwarf - stand before one of the doors. You hear one of the humans ask:
- "So where are we going? That cave that was found by the mo-"
Here he stops, silenced by a gesture of the dwarf who apparently noticed you. Your friendly cleric leads you to door just next to where the trio is waiting.
- "Please enter. Father Johnson is waiting inside."

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 11:33 »

Gard busies himself with measuring up their current company, wondering whether the monk belongs to some cult that practices extremely flagellistic rituals or if he was just as unfortunate as he and Ezmuth were. Upon hearing the human speak, his attention is diverted, however.

"I wonder who would be stupid enough to send out monkeys on recon missions," Ezmuth remarks after a considerable mental effort on his part, unsuccessfully trying to connect the dots.

"Well, seeing as I've met monkeys who stand a better chance at tying their shoelaces than you do, I'd say you had better not try to insult me again, or you'll find one of my boots has mysteriously disappeared while you suddenly have a lot of trouble when trying to sit down," Gard says, in an only slightly hushed voice. His remark is followed by a cheerful wave and a curteous nod of his head towards the other travellers.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 14:26 by LuckyDee »

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 13:23 »

I'm guessing our 'savior' has a 'request' for us. Looking back he sees the Drow muttering something unintelligible. I hope to gawd he wasn't mocking the temple. Come to think of it... "You appear to be a brother of faith. What gawd do you serve?" he asks the cleric.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:29 by S.K. Ren »

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 09:26 »

- "I'm afraid that details of my faith are limited to those who are called to serve it." - replies the Cleric - "All I can say you were under the care of Church Of Resource Procurement."

Ding-dong. You can hear the alarm bells starting to go off in your heads. Oh you heard of them. C.O.R.P. is a fairly new organization, barely present a year or two but they already managed to find a spot for themselves. Nominally a religious organization, but nobody outside of it knows who or what they worship - almost certainly none of the known gawds - but the fact that they are able to call on divine magic is a sure sign they have to worship something.

One thing is certain - they provide their services to anyone so long as they can pay. Sure, the prices they charge for spells are noticably higher than in churches devoted to Gawds of Twilligh Last (you didn't think the "Resource Procurement" in name came out of nowhere, now did you?), but the lack of consideration for devotion of client made them popular with some of the wealth but not very devote groups... like adventurers for instance. Some on the street speculate they also deal in information brokering and even shadier deals - no proof was ever found but that would help explaining how they keep faithful of Gawds of Twilligh Last of their backs...

Either way things are not looking good for your purses.
Pages: [1] 2  All