General > Graveyard

Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling

<< < (3/5) > >>

shark20061:
Still groggy and confused, Sho slowly gets up, his face completely drenched.

He goes to the cupboard and collects his things, puts his clothes on, and tries to catch up to the rest of the group.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)You'll have to bear with me, I'm not great at roleplaying.

Malek Deneith:
You open the cupboard to find your clothes safe - and in Sho Lee's case even fixed. In addition the clerics seem to be accustomed to paranoid patients and managed to fit your backpacks and also - with great difficulty - your weaponry. Alarmingly you don't see your mules or the goods they were carrying inside. You can only hope they are stored elsewhere like, for example, a stable.

Dressed and equipped you step outside of the room and find the cleric who took care of you waiting. He leads you on a short trip to corridors, then up the stairs. In there you enter another corridor with doors on both sides - most likely living quarters for local clergy. In distance a trio of people - two humans and a dwarf - stand before one of the doors. You hear one of the humans ask:
- "So where are we going? That cave that was found by the mo-"
Here he stops, silenced by a gesture of the dwarf who apparently noticed you. Your friendly cleric leads you to door just next to where the trio is waiting.
- "Please enter. Father Johnson is waiting inside."

LuckyDee:
Gard busies himself with measuring up their current company, wondering whether the monk belongs to some cult that practices extremely flagellistic rituals or if he was just as unfortunate as he and Ezmuth were. Upon hearing the human speak, his attention is diverted, however.

"I wonder who would be stupid enough to send out monkeys on recon missions," Ezmuth remarks after a considerable mental effort on his part, unsuccessfully trying to connect the dots.

"Well, seeing as I've met monkeys who stand a better chance at tying their shoelaces than you do, I'd say you had better not try to insult me again, or you'll find one of my boots has mysteriously disappeared while you suddenly have a lot of trouble when trying to sit down," Gard says, in an only slightly hushed voice. His remark is followed by a cheerful wave and a curteous nod of his head towards the other travellers.

S.K. Ren:
I'm guessing our 'savior' has a 'request' for us. Looking back he sees the Drow muttering something unintelligible. I hope to gawd he wasn't mocking the temple. Come to think of it... "You appear to be a brother of faith. What gawd do you serve?" he asks the cleric.

Malek Deneith:
- "I'm afraid that details of my faith are limited to those who are called to serve it." - replies the Cleric - "All I can say you were under the care of Church Of Resource Procurement."

Ding-dong. You can hear the alarm bells starting to go off in your heads. Oh you heard of them. C.O.R.P. is a fairly new organization, barely present a year or two but they already managed to find a spot for themselves. Nominally a religious organization, but nobody outside of it knows who or what they worship - almost certainly none of the known gawds - but the fact that they are able to call on divine magic is a sure sign they have to worship something.

One thing is certain - they provide their services to anyone so long as they can pay. Sure, the prices they charge for spells are noticably higher than in churches devoted to Gawds of Twilligh Last (you didn't think the "Resource Procurement" in name came out of nowhere, now did you?), but the lack of consideration for devotion of client made them popular with some of the wealth but not very devote groups... like adventurers for instance. Some on the street speculate they also deal in information brokering and even shadier deals - no proof was ever found but that would help explaining how they keep faithful of Gawds of Twilligh Last of their backs...

Either way things are not looking good for your purses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version