Chaosforge Forum

• March 28, 2024, 08:01
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling  (Read 17546 times)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
  • High Caliber Consecrator
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
Re: Hackmaster 4e IC - Dungeons the Crawling
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 09:58 »

Gard hisses through clenched teeth: "Ezmuth, o-gay ind-fay the ool-myay..."

Then, out loud, to the Cleric: "C.O.R.P., eh? I've heard some... intriguing things about your faith. How did you come to be converted?"
[0.9.9.7G] Current: Hell Knight 1st Lieutenant [20/12/4/0/0/0]
High: Arch-Vile Lt. Colonel [25/21/12/2/1/0]

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
  • You can hide... until there's nowhere left to run
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2013, 11:43 »

"C.O.R.P? Never heard of ya. Alright lets get on with it." Jasper grumbles as he walks through the door.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?
(6:50:23 AM) xander_morhaime: Briefly.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor Emeritus
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
I Swear Next Party Will Start In A Damn Tavern
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 08:40 »

- "I simply had what the faith needed, and thus a cleric got sent my way to... convince... me to join. That's all" - nameless cleric quickly responded to Gard before motioning towards the door again.

Opening the door Jasper finds himself in a small study where a middle-aged man, wearing an elegant vest and doublet - both of fashion unfamiliar to you, is working behind a desk covered in various documents. Upon hearing you enter he stops writing and straightens up and beckons at Jasper and his two companions.

- "Please, come in." - the man waits until all three of you are inside and door closes behind you

- "Mr. Grindle, Mr. Wu and Mr..." - he pauses and checks something on one of pieces of paper on his desk - "...Gard, no surname given? Figures. At any case it is nice to finally meet you in person - My name is Johnson and I am, for the moment at least running this here branch of C.O.R.P., located in the village of Winter Tree. I've been told you had unfortunate meetings with some bandits... except Mr. Wu of course who had his own predicaments. The world is a dangerous place these days, truly. Thankfully all of you were delivered at the humble doorsteps of our branch here, and we managed to put you back together. I hope your stay here was enjoyable, at least as much as it could considering the circumstances."

He pauses his monologue for a second, barely giving you time to think before resuming - "Alas I am afraid our churches, while open to anybody, aren't as charitable as some other faiths, and thus I am forced to ask for a payment for services rendered. Normally I'd just name an appropriate sum here, but it just so happens that there is a small problem in the area that I'd like to get rid of, and the three of you look like able men that could help me. A service for a service - what do you say? Will you hear me out or would you rather deal in hard coin?"

Spoiler: "GM Notes" (click to show/hide)
Inquisition - saving your soul, one bolter shell at a time.
Spoiler: "Hackmaster Kills" (click to show/hide)

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2013, 11:57 »

Mask's sake, look at us you old coot - you scraped us out of the local scenery because we're the types of people that, when faced with 'adventure', get trodden on in pretty severe ways. You must have counted our money to make sure you'd have a offer we couldn't refuse.

While this crosses his mind, Gard keeps an eye on the alleged misters Wu and Grindle to see how they respond to the news.

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2013, 12:14 »

"How much coin are we talking?" Jasper grumbled sourly, shaking his last 3 gold pieces in their pouch. Had he the coin, he would sooner leave and track down those bandits for payback.
(6:50:00 AM) Simon-v: How do you live in a world where Everything's Trying To Kill You?

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2013, 12:23 »

"Well thankfully your wounds weren't all that serious, so..." - Johnson ponders for a moment - "... 125 gold pieces. Each. Plus two more for Mr. Jasper and Mr. Gard since we had to take care of their mules also."

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2013, 12:33 »

"...oooh-kay... And for the record, what 'service' are we talking about here?" Gard asks sourly.

Malek Deneith

• Grand Inquisitor
  • Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2013, 12:56 »

- "Oh not much, really. It's just so that we've received a report of a band of kobolds appearing in vicinity. Pesky buggers are trying to rob people traveling to the village - we've learned of it because last merchant coming here had enough protection to scare them off, but considering one or two other travelers that come here regularly failed to appear lately... well I think you can piece that together yourselves. Normally we'd look for a party of adventurers to take care of it, but the only one I'm aware of is preoccupied otherwise at the moment. You could say that your appearance here was a gift from the Gawds." - Johnson smiles then suddenly produces a small pouch from a drawer in the desk - "Just so that I don't seem too much of a scrooge I am willing to sweeten the deal with 100 gold pieces. Upfront. And if the monsters really did kill some travelers already you can probably get more from their lair. How does that sound then?"

S.K. Ren

• DiabloRL Beta Tester
  • Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2013, 14:20 »

"Kobolds? Those ratty buggers are always causing trouble. A'ight, I'll help you with yer problem, then we're even correct?".

LuckyDee

• Sound Wizard
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • General
    • View Profile
    • LuckyDeeIndustries
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 00:30 »

100 gold pieces and an overeager stunty to lead the charge... this might be going somewhere.

"And what, pray tell, actually comprised 'enough protection'? I mean, Mr.... Grindle here is raring to go, and I know I am," Gard lies, "so we can use all the information we can get."

In the meantime, he starts getting impatient for Ezmuth to return. Blundering tit probably couldn't find the mule anyhow, and a plan for which this doesn't matter anyway is starting to form in Gard's mind. And - with a slightly repressed rumble - a second, totally different plan is forming in his belly.
Pages: 1 [2]  All