Chaosforge Forum

• April 19, 2024, 21:40
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: [M|AoMC|100%|YAFV] Time for HMP.  (Read 7863 times)

ZicherCZ

• Chaos Knight
  • Supporter of Chaos
  • Brigadier General
  • YADJHG - Yet Another Dead JupiterHellGuy
    • View Profile
Re: [M|AoMC|100%|YAFV] Time for HMP.
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 00:24 »

This is where you start to use the chain-fire ability tactically -- the initial volley is always less than the normal volley.

Good for such circumstances where you have high damage per shot, but are running into mild ammo problems.
While this is indeed a clever mechanic, it's less useful with MAC, such as the run in the OP. Just sayin'.
DoomRL 0.997: Cyberdemon Brigadier General - Games: 217, Wins: 2/5/3/6/0, Medals: 18, Specials: 64, Asm: 39, Badges: 19/17/16/5/1/Are you kidding?
Jupiter Hell: Inner Circle - first tech build reached and working

thelaptop

• Chaos Fanatic!
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Apostle
    • View Profile
Re: [M|AoMC|100%|YAFV] Time for HMP.
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 00:53 »

Knockback is always in the direction in which your projectile is moving, so if you limit the number of shots fired, you reduce the expected number of times your shot will hit the target and induce further knockback, i.e. the mob will be knockbacked, but still end up statistically closer than if you full-volleyed it.  Then, when you restart your initial chain-fire, you give the AI a chance to step closer to you, and therefore you increase the expected number of successful shots upon the mob's being.  Don't forget that the further you knock the mob, the larger the penalty in the accuracy taken.

It's like trying to play MSs with a chain-fire weapon.
I computed, therefore I was.
Pages: 1 [2]  All